Into Hell, Into Home

Sapnap POV

She better watch her back.
While she rode out on her caramel horse I could see the knights that had tagged along. Dukes and soldiers ready to win for themselves.

They didn't look to be the easy going type either. Dream's decision to include them into her quest meant only one thing: one or more had been paid decently to try and kill her.

Why?
I kept asking myself why he would want her dead right after 'welcoming' her to our side. The answer I came up with? Power. Rumours of her return had hit the borders of her previous lands.

They were probably rejoicing to have her back and no doubt were getting the files in order for her to rule.
Knowing Dream, he'd never let someone else have more power. He ruled over her land. He would not give it back so easily.

"Keep frowning or brooding or whatever the hell you're doing and you'll end up with permanent wrinkles."
She snorted next to me.
She had no clue.

"I can see you speak from experience."
I retorted. In turn she slapped my steed's ass and he lurched forward, yanking me along with him.
She smiled and laughed a little.
My heart warmed at the sound.

"Western region straight ahead!"
A knight said. I could see my home in the distance. The towns and villages bustling with activity. It held some of the most fierce warriors. They dealt with the nether on a daily. The smell of fire and steak made me grin.

Soldiers here wore the fire crest on their shirts with pride. I made sure my people were protected and profiting.
Unlike a tyrant I know.
The central square came into view. My mansion, handed down from my dads, looming in the background.
I'd have to come and say hi to Papa another time.

Instead of the average fountain the Western Region had its main Nether portal, two stories high and three stories wide. It was caged in iron bars and the soldiers on guard currently fought two stray piglins that had fallen through.

One got bitten and grunted in pain. I nearly winced but I was not allowed to show weakness. Not in front of this crowd. Y/N seemed to try and cool her emotions too, but she had a sickly look.
"Keep moving Y/N. Unless you want to lose to me."

I whispered to distract her. That got her riled. She jumped down and gave the guards the royal seal. They opened up the cage for us.

"Straight into hell. Straight into home."
I said following her through the portal. I heard George laugh before my vision swirled into purple.