Chapter 9: The Beginning of The End

"I've had... enough."

---

 "Have you seen Sierra, Paimon?!" Lumine shouted with panic in her face, panting as she run through all over the room searching for Sierra."Huh? But haven't she come downstairs?" Lumine shook her head. 

"Calm down, Lumine. Let's first calm down and scan the area —" Paimon stopped midway as she saw a vase that has a familiar flower in it. It's not because of its appearance, but because of its scent. Cecelia Flowers is known to be beloved by Iris. She said that it just looks so beautiful and Cecelia Flowers grew in the fields inKhaenr'iah. It has a sweet and alluring scent of flowers — different from the ones in StarsnatchCliff. 

Below its vase, there was a letter laying open. Paimon called Lumine. She then rushes toPaimon and opens the letter that Paimon handed down to her.

"For the person who will read this letter,

The moon is so beautiful tonight that I can't help but remember the smell and beauty of my hometown. In my hometown, when the night falls, I could still hear the people's laughter from afar. Beautiful lights shining like stars from afar. I can still remember my mother gently stroking my hair while she makes handkerchiefs. 

I can remember what a festival looks like in my hometown, it feels the same in Liyue. It's also beautiful. 

But did you know? My hometown got ruined just because of some pride and greed over for power. To tell you the truth, I am Iris. I am Iris in the soul, but physically I am Sierra. I was alive thanks to my sister who revived me back using Sierra's body.

 If you're wondering where is the original owner, she died from the illness. I abandoned my name Iris and took over Sierra's identity as her. But that doesn't mean I will abandon my deepest desire to avenge my diseased mother. 

I only wanted my hometown to be saved, but why do people see your failure when you tried all of your best? When I came to Celestia, I met him and fell in love. At first, he looks interesting because of his eyes. It looks beautiful to me. I didn't know I was falling for him at that time. When I died at the Archon War, I decided to give up on him and live on the revenge I wanted too much. 

To avenge my people — to my mother and to my elder brothers. 

That is why I'm going back to Snezhnaya. If you read this Traveler. Get ready, because in the future we will meet again. And hopefully, you can stop me, Traveler.

Say my regards to Zhongli, tell him I love him very much. Tell Pantalone to thank him, to Childe. Everyone. I thank you for supporting me, now I'm going on the path I have already started. I will be going now, goodbye."