Chapter 26

Zayn's POV-

        The moment I turn into the street where the Grand Ballroom was located, all I can see is lights. I grow nervous as I drive closer  but knowing everyone was wearing masks gave me some sort of comfort. Once I made it to the line where the valet drivers were, I quickly put my mask on, grabbed my stuff then got out to take a full look around. 

Shai was right.. this is huge. There are people everywhere dressed in ridiculous dresses and suits. I look at the building and my eyes instantly follow the building up to the top. This building looks more like a castle than anything.

"Sir, I'll take it from here." I look to my left to see an overly excited guy holding out his hand. 

"You scratch my car, I scratch you." I warn him before handing him my keys. 

"Yes sir. Here is your tag." I grab the yellow tag from him before taking a look around once more. This is going to be one hell of a night.

***

Jade's POV-

When the taxi driver and I pulled into the street where I would be spending the next three hours, we both muttered quiet 'woahs'. To say that I was shocked would be an understatement. Luna wasn't kidding. The Tomlinson's really do go all out. Who were they? 

I told the cab driver to pull into the line where people were being dropped off right in front of red carpeted stairs that led to a series of double doors. I put my mask on before paying the cab driver his amount and got out of the car. Spotlights were shining down from god only knows where and the paparazzi were taking pictures from the sides. 

As I finally started to walk toward the steps, a man in a black suit came toward me. 

"Mam, could I get your name for the gallery?"

"Uhh, yes. Just put J. Nguyen."

"Okay thank you. Have a nice night." He says then walks towards the person behind me to ask the same question I assume.

Right as I walk through the double doors, I see people dressed up in all colors talking, dancing... doing everything I have failed to do this past year... socialize. I felt out of place and odd. When I was younger, I imagined myself as this famous artist who is known all over the world, but I had no idea that I would be in my shoes now, attending an event with other famous people. I felt better knowing that I had my mask on and no one knew who I was but anxious, because in just a few minutes, my name would be announced in thanks of the decor. They should really just be announcing my professors name for getting me here in the first place.

I walked off to a corner with tables filled to the top with foods I wouldn't even begin to place names to. The urge to try something was strong but the probability of something embarrassing, like bad breath, was even stronger so I passed up the food and took a glass of unknown alcohol from the man standing off to the side with a tray of drinks. He seemed completely bored and ready to go. I kind of felt bad for him since he would most likely be standing there for the rest of the event.

After spending a few more moments off to the corner, I began moving toward the area my art was being displayed. Professor Michelson told me that I would be meeting someone there but right as I get close enough, someone grabs my hand. I turn around and come face to face with a man dressed in a white suit and black mask.

"Hi, would you like to dance?" He asks. Before I can get a word in, he is already pulling me toward the dancing crowd.

One. I don't like how he is pulling me.

Two. I don't know who this man is but his cologne reeks.

And Three. He didn't even introduce himself.