Chapter 13

Hi everyone. I am feeling the need to write which is very very unusual because I am the laziest writer in the planet. I'm so proud of myself!!

----------

Jade's POV-

Recap-

"Before I can yell at him and tell him to get out, he wraps an arm around my waste and pulls me against him, pressing his lips to mine."

***

His arm is secure around my back with his hand on my hip, holding me in place. His other hand is placed on the back of my neck with his fingers tangled in my hair. I felt to stunned to do anything. When I finally came to, I place my hands on his chest to try and increase the space between us but he is too strong. I push harder and I feel him beginning to move back. 

Just as I think I was about to push him off of me, his arm tightens around my back. His lips, hungry for a reaction from mine, push harder against mine. Instead of giving him what he wants, I let my arms go limp against my sides and stand motionless. 

This seems to work since his hold on me loosens and he pulls his lips from mine. He rests his forehead against mine with my body still firmly pressed against his. His eyes are closed when I look at him and his lips are slightly parted. 

"Jade..." He says in a whisper. 

"Let go of me." I demand. My voice comes out strong and demanding which makes me happy that I've always had an intimidating streak. 

"If I let you go, will you listen to what I have to say?" Instead of answering him, I just stand motionless. My arms still limp against my sides. 

"Jade. I'm sorry. I shouldn't have accused you of something like that. I didn't know it was your brothers. I didn't even know you had a brother. You were right about me not knowing you and I had no right to say any of that or think any of that but I want to get to know you." He says in a hushed tone. 

"And that gives you the right to just kiss me like that?"

"No, I'm sorry but I don't want you to be mad at me and when you slammed the door in my face when we were in the hallway, I just... I just needed to talk to you. I tried to explain things but you didn't answer the door. When I saw you, I panicked and I didn't think of any other way to show you that I'm sorry and that I care about you. I care about you Jade. I know it seems impossible to even like someone in under a week but I do." He says almost too quick for me to understand but I did. I understood everything he said. I'm completely shocked. I don't know what to say or do but to just stand here and look at him. 

"This morning, I went up to the roof top. While I was up there, I was asking myself why I was so angry about a simple shirt that you were kind enough to let me borrow. That's when I figured out I was jealous. I figured out that I like you. When I first saw you playing in the rain during the storm, all I could think about was how crazy you looked. You seemed to be having the time of your life just dancing and spinning around like a child. You're not the average girl. I don't-" 

"Zayn..." I interrupt.

"No, let me finish... please." He whispers while removing his hand from the back of my neck to grab my hand. He intertwines our fingers and moves back to look me in the eyes. His eyes are so bright and for once, I don't see that loneliness in them. I stay looking into his eyes and don't say a word. My silence assures him to let him know it is okay to keep going.

"I found myself thinking about you more than I should have. Yesterday.... that was the most fun I've had since..." He paused mid-sentence and closed his eyes. What was he thinking? His arm around my waist loosened and I felt his hand move around and rest on the small of my back. I've never actually had a guy this close to me other than my brother. His touch felt warm just like that day in the hallway. When he opened his eyes, I saw pain. I felt the need to comfort him. I tightened my fingers around his to tell him to go on. 

"That was the most fun I've had in a while. I felt alive yesterday. I couldn't tell you when the last time I actually felt myself. You're different than most and you make me different. Different in a good way. I like how you make me feel and I don't want you to be mad at me. I want to know who you are and I want to be with you." He removes his hand from my back then places it softly on my cheek. He gently pushes my wet hair from my face and behind my ear. I didn't know what to say a few moments ago and I don't know what to say now. 

I look down to stare at our locked hands. My mind is completely blank. I don't know what to think. Now that I think about it. Zayn has been on my mind since our first encounter. Could I like him? I mean, I'd be lying if I said I didn't find him incredibly good looking and attractive. I enjoy spending time with him. I'd probably be stupid to just shut him down after he just poured his heart out. 

I lifted my free hand and brought it up to rest on his cheek. His eyes closed on my touch. I slowly leaned in and pressed my lips against his cheek. I pulled my hand away from his and embraced him into a hug. His arms immediately wrapped around my back tightly as I rested my head in the crook of his neck.

"Okay." I whispered into his ear.

"Okay?" He spoke into my hair.

"Let's just take things slow and see where things go from there." He didn't say anything else. Instead, his arms tightened but not to tight where it hurt me. It actually felt comforting. 

"Jade. I'm sorry for earlier. I am a jackass and I didn't mean it." He whispers.

"I know.... that you were a jackass............. but's its okay. I forgive you." This gained a chuckle from him. I smiled from his reaction and rubbed his back soothingly.

"Can I kiss you, or is that too fast?" He asks hesitantly. I pulled back from our embrace and stared at him with bewilderment. 

"You don't just ask someone if you can kiss them... Well I mean you don't just go barging into someone's house and kiss them either but you don't ask. That's so weird! You just do it if you feel the need to." I say quickly. He looks me in the eyes and smiles widely.

"Well.... in that case-" He cuts off mid-sentence and softly presses his lips to mine. This kiss was not the needy, rough feeling like it was moments earlier but gentle and caring. We pulled back shortly and rested our foreheads against each other. 

"I guess I can start by asking you if you want to have dinner with me tonight? If not, that's okay. I understand." He says nervously.

"That'd be great."

***

Zayn's POV-

"Do you want to go out to eat or cook at one of our places?" I ask her. 

"I prefer home cooked meals. Plus, you don't have to get dressed for them." She replies. I pull back and step back but hold her hands in mine. 

"Yours or mine?" 

"We are already over here so how about we just eat here. Do you know how to cook?"

"I've learned how to cook pretty well when I cooked for my sisters when my mum was at work." 

"I had to learn how to cook before I came to live here so I guess our dish will be pretty badass tonight!" She says before walking off towards the kitchen. 

I watch as she walks away from me. I can't help but smile. She's mine. Well, not mine but sorta. She wants to take things slow but hopefully we will get there. My feelings towards her grow stronger each day I think about her. It's like I've known her my whole life with how much I care for her. 

-------------------------------------------

Okay so this chapter is extremely short but I HAD to publish this. I wanted to write it so bad and then after writing it, I just wanted to publish it and I can't wait so I'm doing it now. I hope you liked it as much as I did. Please Vote and Comment