Chapter 25

Jade's POV- 

When I woke up this morning, I was determined to spread my name as an artist. Today was the day of the masquerade where I'll be displaying my pieces as decorations... All in all, I'm quite nervous. I've never had to be the center of attention. Professor Michaelson told me that there would be an announcement at the end of the masquerade crediting me as the artist and mastermind behind the decorations. 

It was all a bit much but after a year in London, I can finally say I am getting somewhere in my career. My father had always told me that being an artist doesn't pay but I was determined. I didn't care what he said or what he wanted me to be. Colleges wanted me and not only in the United States but in different countries because of my art and so I took the chance. My father was disappointed but I didn't care. 

I couldn't imagine myself doing something I didn't enjoy for the rest of my life. My mother, on the other hand, encouraged me and told me to be whoever I wanted to be as long as I was happy and doing the right thing. 

Am I doing the right thing?

About six months after I moved here, I thought I was doing everything wrong. I was working at a bakery to pay bills and buying supplies but working there isn't a career. That is a job that pays while I'm trying to figure out what to do and finally, it feels like I have. 

Harry called about an hour after I woke up to tell me good luck and not to be nervous. I had been excited for this masquerade all week and hes been there excited with me as well as Luna. We hung out a few times after work and I can honestly say, it was nice to talk to a girl for once. With my sister being busy with the Air Force and my mom always working and sleeping during the hours I'm awake, I haven't really had the chance to talk to another female. 

I think Luna was more excited than I was about the ball because of the type of people who were going. Apparently the Tomlinson's are quite famous and "anyone who's anybody would be there". Her exact words...

I was going to invite her but I soon found out that her and my new coworker Michael are going out on a date. Maybe that is why she was so excited for Saturday to happen. She was very helpful though. I had no idea how I wanted to dress up but she had some ideas. Her sister Anya went to a beauty school and opened up her own salon at the age of 22 so right when I woke up, I was instructed to let Anya take care of my appearance for the night.

So here I am with my hair extremely straight with a bump at the back. I told her I wanted something simple and that I didn't want to end up with pictures of me going all out and making it seem like I tried way too hard. I decided to do my own makeup and keep that far from simple. My eyes were now smokey and edgy. 

Luna later came to see her sisters master piece and when she saw me, I was happy with the reaction. I looked good! Both of the sisters insisted that my nails were done so Luna grabbed a bottle of matte black and began painting my nails like a professional. 

Honestly, I couldn't tell you the last time I have felt so pampered before but after having gone through the tedious process of getting primped and ready, the only thing I could think about was a pedicure. 

When I was all finished, the girls instructed me to go home immediately and put on my dress. They wanted snapchats of the outcome. All I could do was laugh because I wasn't the girly girl like they were. They loved every single part of the process to getting ready for something big like this and I.. it was fun but I wouldn't be able to do it often. 

The moment I got home, I walked carefully upstairs, trying not to destroy my hair before the masquerade even starts, and grabbed my dress. To be completely honest, I was very anxious and eager to wear this dress this entire week. I promised myself I wouldn't try it on before the ball in case I mess it up but I get to wear it today! 

As soon as the dress was on, I went to my full body mirror and almost fell out. I didn't look good.. I looked hot. Well maybe in the 18th century but damn.. It's kind of a shame that woman don't dress in these kinds of dresses anymore. I love it. I love the feeling I get with a super tight corset on pushing up what little breasts I have, and I love the size my waist becomes once I've pulled all of the many strings at the back.

I'm not going to lie, that corset was hard as hell to get on by myself. I debated calling Luna for some more of her professional girl assistance but decided against it. I can do this! 

I looked at the clock and saw that I had about an hour before the ball was to start so I finished putting the finishing touches to my look and slid on my most prized possession. My classic black Louboutin's. When I had two jobs back home, I saved up enough to buy a pare for myself and have loved them ever since. I told myself I would never wear them unless it was an important event that way I wouldn't make them worn or old and tonight was THE night to wear them! 

I gave myself a look over in the mirror one last time and sent a quick snap to Luna and Anya before grabbing the invitation off of my vanity and headed downstairs to grab the rest of my things. With my clutch, my phone, house keys, and my invitation, I left. 

The moment I walked out, I saw his door. I stop every time I see it and wonder what he was doing at that point in time. This is hard to believe but I haven't seen him once since everything has happened. Some times I'll hear his door close but I never see him. Part of me is glad but another part of me just wants too.

Over the past week, I've barely thought about him only because I've kept myself busy. When I wasn't, I would force myself to think about anything besides him. I knew that if I did then I would cry because I know how I still feel about him. 

Just two weeks and I was already so attached to him. I find it crazy that things can happen that way but it did and I wouldn't take anything back. 

With a sigh, I grabbed part of my dress and lifted it up before making my way down the two flights of stairs and with one last step, I was outside and ready to hail a cab. 

***

Zayn's POV-

"Yeah, I heard you the first time.. and the second.. and all the other times you have told me. I am fine Shai, really." I spoke into the phone. 

"I know you are but you can't screw this up! There are really important people going to this thing tonight. I don't think you understand who the Tomlinson's are. Celebrities I tell you!" He shouts. 

"Look, if you are going to yell then I'm hanging up. I heard you over and over again. All I'm doing is taking photos okay? It's not like I'll even talk to the people." I assured him. 

"What ever moody." 

"What? I don't think I heard that correctly." I could hear throaty laugh and can almost picture him running his hands through his hair right about now.

"Nothing nothing. Just get laid or something. Bye dude." He says before hanging up. 

Shai has been nothing but annoying this past week but I can't say I didn't enjoy it. He's asked me to come down to the office almost every day this week and has had me going to different locations with him. Apparently Shai is a photographer for  both female and male models. The different environments made me realize that my job was actually kind of amazing. How I got it, I don't know but I won't question it. 

 Shai called to see if I had everything ready for the stupid masquerade. It was almost six and I still haven't left my apartment. I was ready and everything but I just felt like tonight something is going to happen. I'm not sure if it is going to be good or bad but I just know something is going to happen. 

With one last look in the mirror and a hand through my hair, I grabbed my camera bag and the invitation and left. I guess I'll just have to find out when I get there so here goes nothing....

--------------------------------------

Hey strangers! So yeahhh, its been like 7 months and I don't know if any of you still read this or not but I'm sorry! I really am! :[ 

Forgive me?? Please? 

Anyways, I hope you enjoy and please remeber to vote if you liked it and or comment