Ch. 26

Jasmine

Me and Kentrell have just been sitting here laughing and sharing our horrible high school experience while being single parents, and I have to admit that Kentrell's experience was definitely worse than mines.

"Yeah, so I use to bring Noah into school and push him around in a stroller. That kept all of the girls away from me, especially since everybody knew he was Alison's kid. Alison is not very mentally stable, and I somehow got wasted enough to sleep with her, but Noah has my right state of mind, and I thank god for that." He laughs and I bury my face into his shirt and muffle my giggle. We sit in silence for awhile and I feel myself starting to drift off, but Kentrell shakes me and starts shifting a little.

"Jasmine? Your doorbell is ringing." He says softly, and I flutter my eyes open and look around in a daze.

"Oh, okay..." I trail off and get up then walk over to the door. I get to it and look out the small window, and almost die as Jahseh is standing on the porch peering angrily at Kentrell's car in my driveway next to mine.

"Oh fuck." I whine, turning and heading back to the living room. Kentrell sits comfortably on the couch and I suck in a breath.

"Don't hate me, but you're gonna have to promise me you'll ignore whatever he says to you or about you." I say quickly, and he looks at me confused.

"Okay... who are you talking about?" He runs a hand through his hair and I bite my lip nervously and then flinch as Jahseh now bangs on my front door.

"Jahseh." I say softly, and Kentrell literally jumps up from the couch and looks at me with wide eyes.

"What?"

"I didn't know he was coming! He wasn't suppose to be here until tomorrow. I'm so sorry-"

"Maybe I should leave." He says sadly, and my heart hurts at that.

"I don't want you to leave-"

"And I don't want you to leave, but I don't want to create more tension between you two that's already there, Jasmine." He licks his lips and I groan as Jahseh bangs on the door harder.

"I KNOW YOU'RE HOME, JASMINE!" I hear his voice shout through my living room window and I sigh softly.

"Well then can you just ignore him if he's rude? Just stay comfortable in here and I'll try to get him in and out as quick as possible." I say in a rush, really liking the feeling of having him here, and he smiles softly.

"Alright, I'll chill here." He sits back down on the couch and I quickly lean down and plant a soft and gentle kiss on his lips.

"Thank you." I whisper, then jog back to the front door and slowly unlock the door, then pull it open.

"What are you doing here? I said come by tomorrow." I say calmly, but he's freaking out on me. His eyes are darting all behind me and he nods his head to the side.

"Is he here?" He asks through gritted teeth and I furrow my brows, playing dumb.

"Is who her-"

"Don't play dumb, Jasmine. The guy you've been seeing. Is that his car?" He questions, and I shake my head.

"Nope, that's Desiree's car." I lie, and he narrows his eyes.

"Bullshit, it's a booster seat in the car. Desiree and Stoke don't have no kids-"

"Fine. Alright, alright, he's here." I mumble and he frowns deeply.

"I knew it, and you lying about it makes me even more suspicious than I already am. Where's my son?" He push past me and I sigh heavily, but close the door behind us.