Ch. 15

Jasmine

"Ouu what's that, Jaiden?"

"A blue butterfly!" He squeals, clapping lightly and me and Desiree clap too.

"Yay!" We cheer, making him run around in circles, excited while trying to catch the insect.

After Desiree slept in our room last night, she's been more calm and in a better mood. So today we're giving Stokeley and Sierra some time to themselves while me, Jaiden, Jahseh and her have just been roaming the park, enjoying this vacation.

"Isn't everything so peaceful?" I whisper, smiling as Jahseh's grip on my hand gets tighter.

"Yeah. You're so beautiful, Jasmine." He blurts out and I blush, giggling in the process.

"Man, the thing a kid can do to two people." I mutter and he looks at me.

"Jasmine, I feel like I've always had a thing for you, more than just being sexually attracted to you." He says seriously, making butterflies erupt in my stomach.

"Aw, that's sweet and I guess it's the same for me too." I mutter, making him laugh at how awkward we still are towards each other. We lean in and our lips touch, making both of us pull back and grin at each other.

"I like having a family type thing, it makes me feel like I'll never be alone." He whispers, making me laugh a little.

"Aw Jah, but I know because I feel the same way." I hold his hand and we get separated by Jaiden breaking us apart and placing each of his hands in ours.

"Mommy! Daddy! Can we go to the beach?" He asks and we look each and shrug.

"Sure baby." I say and he starts squealing happily, leaving us and running up to Desiree, making her pick him up.

Jahseh grabs my hand again and we start to walk, swinging our arms and laughing like idiots. He looks down at me and I squint.

"What?" I ask and he shrugs.

"Let's do something fun tonight." He says and I scoff.

"What? Are you saying this vacation isn't fun? Cause you did arranged it." I elbow him gently and he laughs, stopping us from walking any further and wrapping his around me.

"Nah, I'm saying we've had a lot of drama so far with everyone, I think we should take some time and unwind, maybe attend the small party at the beach tonight?" He suggests and I smiled.

"Ok cool, what should I wear?" I asked and he grins, leaning down a little to softly kiss me.

"Something sexy, but not too sexy, cause I don't want no other nigga thinking he got the chance." He kisses my forehead and I giggle.

"Yeah, cause I'm definitely gonna give someone a chance. I wouldn't let something like that happen, Jah. I'm with you now, if I can understand that, then everything should be good. Right?" I smiled a little and smiled wider when he nods.

"Absolutely. I agree with you one hundred percent, Jasmine." He says confidently, making me feel a lot better about actually giving him a chance, giving us a chance.

I wonder if Jaiden notices and actually likes us being together more.

I look behind us to see him in Desiree's arms while he points at random stuff around us, naming them off.

"That little boy is so smart." I say and Jahseh laughs.

"He gets it from you." He jokes but I smirk.

"Nah, he actually gets it from you. You were really smart in school, but you just acted dumb and did dumb shit." I say making him look at me in confusion.

"How do you know that?" He asked seriously and I smiled.

"Well..."

  ~•~

Flashback

"Ms. Eubanks, I've tried to help you out numerous of times with this, but you don't seem to be getting any better at it. If you don't get it together, you won't be able to graduate." My math teacher, tells me seriously and I nod slowly, knowing that this isn't a joke.

"I'm sorry Mrs. Donavan, I just don't get it." I mumble, trying to keep my tears in. I ignore my baby's kicks inside of me, trying to cheer me up, but I'm not happy at all about this.

"Don't apologize sweetie, I know it can be stressful and confusing, and I know you don't have much longer to be here before you leave for the rest of the year, so I have a suggestion for you." She starts shifting through papers and picks out a couple from different piles, handing them all to me.

I reach out and grab them, looking at them to see they are all different quizzes and tests from the whole year, and they all are perfect scores including the extra credit questions.

"Wow." I murmur, looking at the perfect hand writing and detailed work on each test, that actually looks like it could make sense if I got tutored by this person.

"Wow is right, he's the best student I've had in two years. He's gotten better than 100 percent on each quiz and test due to the extra credit he completes and gets it right. I think if you get tutored by him, you'll be getting the grade you need and you won't have anything else to worry about, Ms. Eubanks. So what do you say?" She asks and I frown a little.

"Who's the tutor?" I asked and she shakes her head.

"Jahseh Onfroy." She says, and it feels like my world comes crashing down.

Jahseh is actually smart!?

"I can't." I say quickly and she widens her eyes.

"Jasmine, just think about this. He could really help you!" She exclaims, but I shake my head and turn around.

"He's already done enough for me. Thanks but no thanks, I'll find another tutor." I say and walk out of the classroom, not even reconsidering it.

End Of Flashback

~•~

"You can understand why I didn't want you as my tutor at the time, right?" I asked and he nods.

"I understand Jasmine, I really do." He murmurs and then gently squeezes my hand that he's holding.

"C'mon, let's go and take Jaiden to the beach and then find a babysitter and get ready for the party tonight." He chuckles and I smiled, holding his hand tighter as we walk all the way to Desiree, and then start our walk to the beach.