Ch. 4

Jahseh

I reached behind the driver's seat and picked up a sleeping Jaiden out of his booster seat, trying not to bump his head since my whip has only two doors. I then made my way up to Stoke's apartment and knocked on the door. He then answers the door laughing with the game controller in his hand. I rolled my eyes and push pass him, going over to his couch and laying Jaiden down. Stokeley pouts.

"What you all mad with me for, vro? I told you in high school when you fucked her. I'm just saying, but you know I'm always right." He says, giving me a goofy look. I frown and sit next to Jaiden's head, while Stoke sat next to his feet, grinning.

"Don't act like you don't know, vro. You remember that day..."

~Flashback~

I walk down the hallway at school just giving the dagger to the new shorty in the janitor's closet. Of course I remembered to use protection this time. I zip up my pants and walk around the corner to see Stoke helping Jasmine pick up a book that fell out of her hand. I hurry back around the corner to watch them silently. She rubs her back with her huge stomach poking out and smiled gratefully at him.

He hands her the book and she reached up wrapping her arms around his neck, giving him a hug. He hugs back, but couldn't really do so because of her stomach blocking the way. I frown a little at the scene, but recover as she waddles away leaving Stoke standing there, watching her leave. I come from around the corner and smack his back.

"Aye aye ayeeee! What's up bro?" I playfully shove him but he looks at me in disappointment.

"Why you don't help her out, vro?"

I laugh a bit. "Because I don't want to be shorty's personal butler. I said I'd take care of my kid when she has it." I go to walk away, but he shouts after me.

"You don't get it, vro!" I turn around and give him a look. He walks towards me and speaks in a serious tone.

"You don't get how hard it is for her. Yeah, you're gonna be a dad to her baby, the baby that she has to carry for nine months because you couldn't protect yourself. You need to get your shit together with her, Jah, cause in a couple of years, it's gonna get worse between you two." He walks around me not even waiting for me to say anything. I sucked my teeth and rolled my eyes.

Stoke don't know what the fuck he's talking about.

~End Of Flashback~

I rolled my eyes. "Aight, so maybe I was wrong. You were right. Now go ahead, rub it all in my face, bruh." I said, sighing deeply. Stokeley play with Jaiden's shoestrings and shrugs.

"It's not about rubbing it in your face, it's the fact you've had four years to get it together and you ain't do shit, but make it worse. Don't think I'm judging you vro, cause I love your alien looking ass. I'm just giving you tough love. I think I can help you out though, but you ain't gonna like the idea." He shakes his head. I furrow my eyebrows and play with Jaiden's hair.

"Whatever, bro. What's the plan?" I asked and he gives me another goofy look.

"Family vacation trip." My eyes widen and I put up a finger.

"Hold on, hold on. What the fuck? Nah nigga. I ain't going on a trip with shorty by myself."

He laughs. "Chill, vro. Who said you gonna be alone with her? I'll go with y'all, so it won't be no shit."

I nod. "Aight. I'll let Jasmine know, and we can start looking for a place to go tomorrow after I drop Jaiden off."

He grins. "Sounds like a plan."

I rolled my eyes as I play with Jaiden's hair some more and started thinking.

Why the fuck am I scared to be alone with my baby mama and our son?