Ch. 30

Jasmine

Months Later...

"Jaiden! Get the door!" I shout from upstairs, as I blow dry the mess out of my hair. I have a date with Kentrell tonight, and like always...

I'm running behind.

"DADDY!" Jaiden shouts, and I groan annoyed.

Just fucking great.

Ever since I told Jahseh off and about how I was letting him go, all he does is come by to 'get' Jaiden. He thinks I'm completely clueless as to what he's doing, but I'm not. He's trying to come around more so my feelings for him won't completely go away, but I have Kentrell and he's definitely overriding the feelings for Jahseh.

"Mommy!" Jaiden shouts again, and I smear on some lipgloss, rub my lips together and turn the bathroom light off, leaving my room altogether. I straighten out my navy blue summer dress, and I walk down the stairs. Once I get to the bottom, I stop and look up as Jahseh is standing by the door, running a hand through his hair.

"You got your bag, Jai?" I ask, and glance away as Jahseh finally looks at me.

"Yes!" Jaiden replied, and I smile then bend down and scoop him up in a huge hug and kiss.

"I love you, be good. Don't give your daddy a hard time." I tap his nose and stand up straight, then put on a calm smile for Jahseh.

"Hey, how you doing?" I ask and he sighs.

"Alright been bored, but other than that and work is alright." He bends down and picks up Jaiden, then nods towards me.

"You?" His brown eyes swarm with some unnamed emotion, and I clear my throat.

"I've been great. Never been better." I say honestly, not meaning to hurt his feelings, but I guess I do anyways. He hissed and gives me a sad smile.

"Ouch, Jasmine." He runs a hand through his hair and I frown.

"You know I didn't mean it that way, Jah. I just mean that I'm not confused... I'm absolutely happy and I don't have second thoughts." I give him a sympathetic look and he nods.

"So you're blissfully happy?" He asks and I blush.

"Pretty much." He looks at Jaiden, kisses his cheek and then blows out a deep breath.

"Aight, I'll back off." He says, and I furrow my brows.

"What?"

"I mean I'll stop coming around trying to confuse your feelings. If you're truly happy with Kentrell, I'll stop making things complicated. As long as you're happy, Jasmine." His brown eyes are light, accepting and honest and it makes me genuinely smile, and I can't help but to run up to him and hug him. I pull back quickly and giggle.

"Thank you so much. I'm glad you see it that way and I hope you don't just cut yourself off from me completely. I don't mean for this to be a blow to you in any type of way, but I'd love for you to be a very good friend." I run a hand through my hair and he nods.

"Oh yeah, of course. Have a goodnight, Jas." He leans down and kiss my cheek, and I smile widely.

"Thanks, Jahseh. You boys have a nice weekend." We both leave out my door and I lock it, then quickly sprint to my car and get in, starting it up.

Practically speeding to Kentrell.

~•~

"Jasmine, Jasmine, Jasmine. What am I gonna do with you?" Kentrell crosses his arms outside the restaurant and I blush furiously.

"I don't know, but I do know I'm sorry! I always get nervous, never know what to wear then it leads to me running behind." I breathe out and feel relieved when he wraps his arms around me and pulls me into a tight hug. I inhale his perfect scent then pull back and check him out.

He looks good.

"You look amazing." I say, laying my hands in his and he chuckles.

"Not as good as you. Can we have a little spin?" He lifts one of my hands up in his and I spin, laughing like a dork.

"Gorgeous." He whispers and I hug him tightly.

"So, we absolutely had to go out tonight for?" I lace our fingers together and he sighs.

"Right well, I wanted to ask you something before we go inside and actually order. It's sort of a celebration dinner." He trails off, and I smile.

"Go ahead." I grip his hand tighter and he blows out a deep breath.

"I love being around you and you make my life less stressful than it is sometimes. I literally get butterflies in my stomach when I look at you, and the fact that you are okay with me having a son and actually treat him like your own, that makes everything about you twenty times better. So, I just want you to know that I love you... and I want you to think about moving in with me and Noah, because we love seeing you and Jaiden every second we can, and I also want to try to work out this family thing." His hands shake around mine and my heart beats frantically.

Kentrell just really killed my feels.

Asking me to move in with him and saying he loved me all in the same night and sentence? Tears spring to my eyes and I open my mouth.

"Oh my god, Trell." I sniffle and he smiles.

"Too soon?" He asks, and I shake my head.

"No, I-I love you too. I just can't leave the house I'm in, my grandma gave it to me, and she was the only person who helped me through my teen pregnancy. I raised Jaiden in that house and not on the streets because of her and so many memories are there. I know it sounds ridiculous that I'm holding onto it so much, I just-"

"It's okay, I understand." He smiles at me, but I can see his disappointment.

"Trell-"

"Jasmine, it's okay. Really." He brings my hand up to his lips and kisses it, but I take it away from him.

"Kentrell, do you want to move in with me?" I ask and his eyes widen.

"I mean, if you don't care." He trails off and I scoff.

"I care if you're not with me... I love you." I say, and reach up caressing the side of his face and he blushes.

"This is one of the happiest days of my life since I got Noah." He chuckles and I beam up at him.

"I love this, feeling so happy. And the fact that Jahseh agreed to back off and just be my friend, today's been perfect." Kentrell eyes widen at that.

"Really? That's great, even for me too. So I definitely don't have to feel like I'm competing with him." He grins slyly and I smirk.

"You were in first place anyways." I say cutely, and he smiles.

"Well damn." He smirks and I giggle.

"Yes, now take me inside, I'm starving." I rub my stomach and he drags me along.

"Starving? Nah, that won't do, time to take of my woman." He leans down and kisses my cheek, and we walk inside and have our celebration dinner as a couple who finally love each other and is wanting to live together and express that love everyday.

jay-the-girl