Ch. 11

Jasmine

"I want that and that. Ooh! And that too mommy!" I giggled as Jaiden points at every single thing on the buffet table. We decided to go to an all you can eat buffet and just eat. I finally pile Jaiden's plate nice and high for a four year old and go back over to the table, sitting him in the high chair. Desiree smiled at me.

"Hey Jasmine, I'll watch Jaiden if you want to go and make your plate." I smiled thankfully and nod at her.

Everything look so damn good!

I go for the Mac n' Cheese and someone's hand bumps mine, reaching for the same thing. I look up to see Jahseh grinning at me.

"My bad, ladies first." He moves aside and I roll my eyes, playfully.

"Aw! Such a gentleman!" He chuckles and I giggle softly. I plop a spoonful on my plate and wait for Jahseh to get his. We walk along the table scooping on various of foods and he questions me, completely out of the blue.

"You got feelings for Stoke?" He asked. I stare at him and start smiling.

"Why?" I asked. He shrugs.

"Just wondering..." He trails off and I giggle.

"Are you jealous??" I asked. He pressed his lips in a tight line and turns serious.

"Well yeah. I'm really starting to get to know you and I'm starting to like you too. I want to see if this between us can workout, but apparently Stoke has a thing for you and he thinks I don't deserve you and I-" I press my finger to his lips, cutting him off. He looks at me, shocked.

"I think we can have something too and try not to let Stoke get in your head. He's a great guy, always has been and I get where he's coming from. You were a complete asshole to me in the beginning and now you wanting to try something out with me is weird, but I'll give you my faith this one time, Jahseh. We can try to work this out." I drop my hand and he smiled softly.

"You're really amazing, you know that shorty? Thank you, I appreciate it and I will show you I can do this, for us and Jaiden. I want it to be an us. I mean, it's gonna take a while to get use to it, but I'm determined. I want a family." I smile widely at him and nod.

"You're willing to try and that's all I can ask for." I smiled softly. He leans down to kiss me and I freeze.

I want this kiss, I want this kiss, I-

Someone from behind us clears their throat and I realize we created a line. We grab our plates and walk back over to our table, sitting down with everyone else. The dinner turns out to be really fun. Desiree is so sweet and I know that she's gonna become my best friend in no time. Sierra on the other hand, not so sure about the glares and eye rolls she's sent me all night, or the eye sex she's trying to have with Jahseh.

I don't get her at all.

We stayed pretty long, getting fat and having a good time talking. Jaiden ended up falling asleep an hour after eating, so I'm holding him. I start to get the feeling to pee really bad and I turn to Jahseh.

"Jah, can you hold Jai while I go use the bathroom?" I asked. He smiled.

"I got you, shorty."

We both get up and I pass him Jaiden. I walk off to the bathroom, get in the stall, do my thing and get out. I wash my hands and go to grab a napkin, when Sierra walks in my way. I step back a little and she fake smiles at me.

"You're a gold digging bitch, Jasmine." I blink surprised and laugh dryly.

"Oh, really?" I asked. She walks towards me.

"Yes, really. You're trying so hard to get Jahseh to like you, so he can help you take care of the kid." She shakes her head. I frown.

"First of all, his name is Jaiden and second of all, I'm not getting Jahseh to do a fucking thing. Jahseh is control of his own feelings, and he knows that."

"Girl, whatever. Anyways, well this trip will be a waste of my fucking time. I mean, obviously there's no reason for me to be here anymore." She smiles tightly at me. I scrunch up my face.

"What the hell are you talking about?" I asked. She smirks and puts her hands on her hips.

"Stoke invited me to flirt with Jahseh, get him to mess around with me so you could see how much of a player he still is and then Stoke could swoop in and take the position Jahseh has on hold." She shrugs. I fume from this new information and growl.

"And what fucking hold does Jahseh have?" I asked, clearly pissed. She smirks and leans closer.

"Being daddy, even I knew that." She giggles. I pushed pass her and she stumbles a bit.

"Your brother crossed the line and so did you, bitch. Don't ever cross paths with me or my son." I glare at her. She scoffs and I turn, stomping back to the table.

Desiree looks up at with a smile, that quickly fades when she sees the look on my face. Jahseh looks up too and frowns, he opens his mouth to talk, he opens his mouth to talk, but I put my hand up. I swing my arm, slapping Stoke hard across the face. Lots of people in the buffet gasp and stare and Stoke looks at me like I'm crazy. I feel angry tears threaten to fall.

"What the fu-"

"How fucking dare you bring your hoe of a sister to sabotage any chance of me and Jahseh working out?" His eyes glint with anger and he gets up from the table. He leans closer to me and grits through his teeth.

"He's not fucking right for you, Jasmine." I roll my eyes and nod.

"Oh, so what? You, his supposedly 'brother' is? You knew he was trying to work things out with me, but you still tried to block him at every chance he got? Why, Stoke?" I asked. He frowns.

"Because I still fucking love you, Jasmine. I was there for you picking up your books in school when you were pregnant, while he was ditching class to be in the janitor's closet with random thots."

"Yeah, well that was four years ago, Stoke! People change!" I exclaim and he laughs. Everyone in the buffet still staring at us.

"Except you, Jasmine. I see you're still so fucking clueless and stupid to even want him." I gasp offended and swing my arm out, slapping him across the face again. I storm out of the building and get out into the fresh air and break down.

I can't believe Stoke called me stupid.

I sniffle recklessly and feel someone gently tugging on my arm, pulling me close. I flinch away and look up to see Jahseh. He smiled softly at me and I narrow my eyes at him.

I bet he never saw this coming.

I swing my arm out and slap him across the face too, leaving him to look at me with a priceless look.