Finally Over

"Stop! Please!" He was hitting me like he always did. And by him I meant Joseph, my foster brother, for now.

I'm Lexi Lockhart I'm 13 and I have 2 big brothers, Kyle and Caleb. Kyle doesn't really care about me. But Caleb is a whole different story.

I've only been in this foster home for 2 weeks. And I already got 3 bloody noses. And blame my foster brother. But today it was all over me and my brothers were going to a new foster home. I mean brother, Caleb. Kyle got put in a different foster home than us. I haven't seen Kyle since I was 7.

We went to the foster place and they said me and Caleb was going to a different foster home. Caleb was going to New York and I was going to North Carolina, at least I think that's where I'm going, I wasn't really paying attention.

I almost cried. We were going to be far away from each other!!! I had a feeling that this was not going to turn out good.

I was just happy I wasn't going to have to live with Joseph anymore. All we did was fight and argue. He is 14. But I'm also sad because this means I have to leave my only friend, Jackson. And I will never have anymore friends. EVER!!!!!!!!

When we got back to our foster home. We started packing. By tomorrow we were out of here.

"You should get some sleep kiddo, we've got a big day tomorrow." Caleb said playing with my hair.

"Okay. Goodnight, love you."

"Love you too. Now go to sleep."

In the morning Caleb woke me up.

"Wake up!!!" He yelled.

"I'm up calm down!"

"Sorry, I'm really excited about today."

"I'm not I have to leave you and Jackson today."

"True but we don't have to live here anymore."

"I guess, I'm gonna miss you."

Caleb stopped doing what he was doing and gave me a hug. "I'm gonna miss you too. But you will be happy at your new foster home."

"Are you sure?"

"Positive. Now come on, lets go see if they're here."

We walked into the living room and sure enough they were. It was time to go to our new homes.

"Bye Lexi. I'm gonna miss you. Love you" Caleb said hugging me.

My eyes were full with tears.

"I'm gonna miss you to. Bye."

I didn't want to let go. I wanted to stay with Caleb forever. It was time to go. We were riding in different cars. Caleb walked me to the car I was riding in and hugged me one last time and went to the car he was riding in. Caleb had tears in his eyes. We might never see each other again. That thought made me cry more.