Church

I tried not to answer.

"Come on Lexi tell us," Mrs. Grier insisted. I took a deep breath.

"Okay, um lets see my mom died when I was 5, um my brother Kyle hasn't talked to me since I was 7. I don't know who my dad is. My step dad hates my guts. I have no friends so yeah. That's me," I said.

It got silent Mrs. Grier started to stand up. I got up and ran outside. I knew what was going inside Mrs. Grier was crying, Hayes ran up to his room, and Nash ran outside with a blanket.

"You know you don't have to act like you care." I told Nash.

"I don't act like I care, I do care." He said wrapping the blanket around my shoulders.

"Do you know what its like having no friends and getting called the nobody cares kid?"

"I know what it like to have no friends."

"You do?"

"Yeah, I wasn't always famous you know."

"What about Cameron?"

"We've been friends forever."

"You have like a perfect life."

"I do?"

"You have a family that wants you and cares about you."

"So do you."

"No one wants the foster kid."

"I do."

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I threw my face on his shoulder and wanted to cry. I felt like this was home. I got up and ran inside. This was a good start to a new home. I thought. I ran to my room. I heard a knock.

"Come in." I said.

It was Skylynn and Nash.

"Um Skylynn wanted to say Hi."

"Hi." Skylynn said shyly.

"Hi."

Nash left. That was cruel. Me and Skylynn talked for awhile. Mostly about ponies, barbies, and princesses. Until Mrs. Grier said it was time for bed. Sleep!! Yes just what I wanted. I got up and went to my bag to get out my blankey. Yes I still have a blankey.

Mrs. Grier woke me up in the morning.

"Time to wake up. We got to go to church."

CHURCH!!!! What do you even wear to church?!? I put on the usual and went downstairs. A Nirvana t-shirt with black skinny jeans. Hayes laughed.

"Lexi!!!"

"What?!"

"You can't wear that to church!!"

"I don't know what to wear to church I don't have church clothes."

Mrs. Grier took me upstairs. She gave me a dress.

"Is this a dress?!?!?"

"Yes now put it on while I find some leggings and shoes for you."

"I'm not wearing a dress!!"

"Fine just put this on." She said reaching me a shirt with leggings.

When we walked outside I didn't know what car to get in. I just followed Nash. I hated churches. You know why my mom died while we were on our way to church. We got in a car wreck after that it was foster care ever since. I lived with my step dad for awhile. That didn't work out.

On our way to church I wanted to cry. No one knew why I looked sad. But I did. I wondered what Kyle was like. If he was still in the system or if he was adopted. Caleb what was he doing. Is he wondering about me right now? Does Kyle think about me and Caleb? Did he remember us?

When we finaly got to church I was surprised. It was huge!!!!

"Guys turn of your phones. Lexi?"

"Yeah."

"Do you have an electronic."

"Nope, never had one."

"Okay."

Nash poked me. Of course I poked him backed.

When we got inside it all came back the car wreck and the funeral. I wanted to cry but I didn't. I thought about what Kyle said on those days. That's all I could think about.