Goodbye

When we got home I showed Caleb my room. After that me, Hayes, Nash, and Sky sat on the couch and watched TV while Caleb took a shower.

"Hayes?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said.

"Why did you get mad when I ran towards Caleb?"

He looked at me with hurt in his eyes, "Because......... I thought you might've......" He stopped and looked at the floor. "I thought you would've wanted your real big brother and not us."

I gave him a hug. "You are my big brother." I looked at Nash and Sky. "And you are my little sister. And you are my other big brother."

I looked at him and got up and went into the kitchen. Where I saw Will sitting at the table with his iPhone and a bowl of cereal. I made a bowl myself and sat in front of him. He looked at me for a second, smiled then went back to his phone. I waited until he took a bite out of his cereal and I poked his cheek. He laughed almost making milk come out of his nose.

"Well. Your not a quite little girl like you used to be."

"I'm not shy once I get to know people. Only sometimes."

He looked at me. Then my happiness went down when I saw his face. It reminded me of someone........ My old foster father. I jumped up fast and went to the walk.

"Lexi? What's wrong?" He asked me, sounding like him. "MOM?!" I threw my face into my legs and hid my face. Mrs. Grier ran in quickly.

"Lexi?" She walked towards me and put her hand on my shoulder. "I told you, we will not hurt you." I looked up, I looked at Will who had tears in his eyes.

"I-I-I don't know what happened. Will all of a sudden reminded me of my old foster father. I thought he would've.........." I didn't finish I jumped up and hugged Will, feeling awful. "I'm sorry. I don't know what happened."

"It's ok. Just bad memories." He said. I looked up and grabbed his hand making him go into the living room, and sit on the couch. I walked up to my room where I saw Caleb sitting on the couch that I slept on reading his iPhone. I jumped in his lap and kissed his cheek.

"Lexi, I have to go. If I don't my friend will get mad at me."

"You would rather be at a friend's house then with me?"

"Well it's not exactly a friend." I looked at him. He was sad, I could see it in his eyes. I looked beside him. I saw my journal. Which I wrote in the other night.

"Why do you have my journal?!" I yelled standing up.

"I-I-I w-was looking at it." He said standing up. I guess Nash heard us because I heard him walk up to my door.

"Caleb. Don't!! I told you to never read my journal!" I yelled at him.

"I TOLD YOU TO STAY OUT OF THAT FIGHT! AND YOU GOT IN IT ANYWAY!"

"Well because I couldn't stand my big brother getting beat to death!"

"Do you think I liked it when Kyle was getting hit!?"

"Don't mention Kyle, Caleb!"

"Why?! You kept me up half the night crying about him!"

"Because he said he would come back!"

"Well Lexi, he hasn't. And when he does tell me because it's been like 3 years now!"

"HE WILL COME BACK! HE PROMISED!" Caleb's hand came flying towards my face. He slapped me.

"Lex-"

I fought the tears that tried to fall. "Caleb, you can go live in New York with your new family. If you don't believe your brother than just leave me be......... STAY OUT OF MY LIFE!" I ran out of my room and to the backyard. When I heard Nash following me I turned around. "Nash you can't fix this! This is me and my brother right now!"

"Lexi I am your brother!"

"I mean my real brother. You can't get in this!" I ran to the chairs and sat in one, crying, wanting Kyle more than ever.

"I'm sorry." I heard Caleb. He had been crying. I could hear it in his voice.

"Why don't you still believe in Kyle?" I asked him. Looking into his gray eyes. He picked me up and sat down where I was sitting, he held me in his lap and played with my hair.

"I lost my trust over the years, baby girl." I looked at him and put my face in his shoulders.

"Are you getting adopted?"

"Yeah." He kissed my forehead, punctuating between words. "Baby girl I am." I kissed his cheek.

"Yes you are. With me." I got up and went inside.

"LEXI!" Mrs. Grier yelled from the kitchen. She wasn't mad, I don't know what she sounded like, but it wasn't mad. "YOU AND CALEB COME HERE, NOW!" I looked behind me where I saw Caleb with a confused look.

"Yeah." I said shyly, walking towards the table, where everybody was sitting.

She looked at Caleb. Who had no shirt on.

"Caleb, did you and your brother leave New York without permission?" I looked at Caleb.

He looked at Mrs. Grier. "Yeah. Why?"

"Your mother called. Worried. She bought you guys plane tickets to go back home."

I looked at Caleb and back to Mrs. Grier. "He can't leave! He needs to stay here with me! He can't go back!" Caleb walked towards me, he gave me a hug.

"Lexi, I have to go home." I broke out of his arms.

"Your home is with me!" I looked at everybody. "You have to stay here with me!"

Mrs. Grier looked at me. "I'm sorry but he can't. I don't have custudy of both of you."

Tears started flowing from my eyes. "I'll go with him!"

Will stood up. "You can't. You guys are in different foster homes."

I looked at Caleb then back to everybody else. "Then we'll just go back to the home."

"Lexi. No!" Caleb yelled.

"I don't want to be far away from you!"

"Neither do I! But we're are not going back to the home!"

I hugged him. "When do you have to go?"

"Tonight."

I looked at everybody then looked back at him. "Goodbye Cal." He fought tears.

"Goodbye Lex." I walked him to Will's car and hugged him one last time.

"Goodbye big brother."

"Goodbye little sister."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

U like? I hope you do. Sorry if there is a lot of typos. I'm not a very good writer. COMMENT ur opinion. And remember if you want something done tell me and I could work out arrangements.
COMMENT and VOTE
And FOLLOW me

-Rubyann^_^