Social Worker

"Wake up. Time for school!" Mrs. Grier said.

She was trying to wake up Nash and Hayes but I woke up with them. I just kept my eyes closed as I felt Hayes and Nash getting off the couch.

I felt a poke to my cheek. Knowing it was Nash I just cuddled up more to whatever I was cuddled up to.

"Lexi your going to have to cuddle to something else," Nash said with a little bit of a laugh.

I opened my eyes and noticed I was cuddling Nash! I sat up and started blushing. I threw my face into my lap. "Ouch," I said as I hit my head on my boney knees.

"Lexi you should go up to your room. I'll be having visitors over and I don't want someone to be asleep on the couch!" Mrs. Grier said.

"Ugh. I don't want to get up," I said.

I closed my eyes and layed back down cuddling to a pillow this time. I felt someone pick me up. I opened my eyes and saw Nash.

"You feel like you only weigh like 60 pounds Lexi. Do you ever eat?" Nash asked me.

I jumped down and went to my room. I didn't want to answer that. I fell asleep again. When I woke up I heard talking coming from the kitchen. I changed my clothes and fixed my hair so I didn't look like crap.

"Oh Lexi there you are. This is a social worker from the foster home you were in last time. She needs to talk with you."

I took the seat across from her and covered my hands with my sweatshirt.

"Alexxs Faith Lockhart is your full name, right?" She asked me as she was looking at a paper.

"Yeah but everybody calls me Lexi," I told her.

"Ok then Lexi. I've heard you got in a fight with a girl in town the other day. Would you tell me what happened between you two?"

I just looked down at my hands. I walked over to the counter where there was a stack of papers. Not saying anything.

"Lexi, what are you doing?" The social worker asked me.

I didn't answer her I took a pen and wrote on the paper about what happened. I gave her the paper and looked down at my hands.

"Lexi, I know everything is rough but that doesn't give you permission to leave the house without anyone knowing," She told me.

"I walked down the road to get away from everybody and I started to get bullied! I protected myself! She was pushing me!" I yelled and I started to stand up.

"Lexi, there is no need to get upset, she wasn't bulling you."

"How do you know?"

"I talked to the girl and she said she was playing around."

"Well when pushing people and calling them names becomes playing around tell me because, if that's what it's called then Joseph must have been playing around with me the whole time I lived with him!" I yelled and had tears down my eyes.

"Lexi, when did you live with a boy named Joseph?" She asked me.

"The last foster home I was in a boy named Joseph lived there." I showed her my stomach with the bruises and scars. She started to feel them. It hurt when she touched them. I would jump back from the pain. Mrs. Grier walked in and looked at my stomach. The social worker picked up a phone thingy and started to call people.

Before I knew it there was an ambulance outside of the house. I got most of the really bad bruises on the day they told us they were leaving. They said my ribs got hurt.

Nash and Hayes came inside running. Nash looked at me then looked at Mrs. Grier,"Mom what happened?" He said. He sounded really worried.

"Nash when Lexi was laying with you could you feel her ribs?" Mrs. Grier asked him. "Yeah. They felt like they were dent in a little. Why?"

"We'll Lexi had bruises on her ribs and they got damaged." she told him.

"How?" Hayes asked.

"Somebody named Joseph."

I didn't know my ribs were hurt that bad. They did hurt a lot but I tried not to mention it to anybody. I just thought they were bruised a little. Was they hurt so bad they had to get an ambulance? Would Joseph finally got caught? FINALLY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I know this chapter sucked it is just s filler. I know I twisted the Grier's a little. And Skylynn will come back. Oh and Will will come at some point.
Plz COMMENT and VOTE
FOLLOW me

-Rubyann^_^