The Dream

"Ow! Nash that hurts!" I said to Nash as he carried me from the car to the couch. My ribs were hurt pretty bad Nash just thought he would carry me in for some reason I guess. "Nash I can walk. My legs aren't broken you know."

"Yeah but 2 of your ribs are! How could you deal with that much pain for a week?" Nash asked me looking a little worried. I looked at everybody that was surrounding me.

"Well they always you know h-h-hit us," I told them.

"Wait so they actually hit you? And didn't get in trouble?" Hayes asked me.

"Yeah I mean they were allowed to. If we didn't follow the rules. I never did so I always got in trouble. When you got in trouble it could be more than 1 smack. It could be 20 hits. It could be more than a hit."

"Wait Lexi, what do you mean by they?" Mrs. Grier asked me looking worried and concerned.

"My old foster home. My brother tried to protect me but every time he did he would get in trouble too."

I looked at everybody and started to get up to go to my room. Mrs. Grier stopped me before I got off the couch.

"Woah. Oh no you don't you're sleeping on the couch tonight," She told me making me lay down.

"It won't bother me I can walk to my room. I don't have to sleep in here."

"I don't want you getting injured anymore than you are already now get some sleep." She started to cover me up with a blanket.

"Can I go get something from my room?" I asked Mrs. Grier.

"No Lexi. I want you to stay put. Nash can go get whatever you want him to go get. Right Nash?" Mrs. Grier said looking at Nash.

"Yeah. Lexi I'll go get what you want," I didn't tell him what to get and he went upstairs and got my blankey. How did he know that's what I wanted?

"I'm guessing this is what you wanted," He said reaching it to me.

"Yeah. How did you know?"

"Well when you had that bad dream and was screaming you grabbed this really quick so I thought it ment something to you."

"Lexi what bad dream?" Mrs. Grier asked me.

"I had a bad dream the other night it's no big deal."

"Well Lexi if you have another bad dream tell me. Ok?"

"Ok. I will," I told her.

Hayes was already gone by the time Nash got back down. I didn't want them to do this. I loved this family but I've had foster homes like this nice at first then they hate you. Caleb said never to get attached but that's what I did I got attached to things. Like Jack, I've known him since I could remember. Caleb always told me my heart would be broken when we had to move. I never listened to him. It did.

I fell asleep shortly after me and Nash watched a movie he layed on the couch with me. I fell asleep half way through the movie. Cuddled up to Nash.

------------- Lexi's Dream-------------

"Oh shut up it can't hurt that bad!" Joseph said to me punching me in the stomach again. Making blood come out of my mouth.

"Caleb!" I tried yelling but it wasn't loud enough. I could here Jack's yell "STOP HITTING HER!!! Hit me instead just leave her alone!"

"She should pay for what her dad did!"

"He isn't my dad!" I said trying to make the other boys let go of me. They wouldn't the hits kept coming and coming.

"My sister is gone because of your dad!" He punched me 1 more time. "Put her down."

They threw me on the ground. Making the pain worse.

----------End of Lexi's Dream--------

"STOP!"

I raised up. Waking Nash up. "Lexi, honey what's wrong," he said rubbing my back. "Are you ok?"

I turned around and put my face in Nash's chest. He hugged me as I did.

"Lexi!?" Mrs. Grier said coming in the living room with a worried face.

I didn't answer I just stayed in Nash's chest. Crying. He held me in his lap and comforted me. Just like Kyle.

"Lexi, honey what's wrong?" Mrs. Grier asked me again. Putting her hand on my shoulder.

"Joseph...... The punch........ The kick," I said not getting up from Nash's lap.

"Lexi, it's ok he can't hurt you anymore. I've got you. I love you," Nash whispered into my ear. Bringing more tears than before. "I'm your big brother."

This time I didn't get mad at a Grier for saying they was my brother "And Lexi you are my little sister. I would let nothing happen to you."

I raised up and looked at Nash's blue eyes that were watery. I could tell he was fighting tears. "Nash?"

"Yeah Lexi."

I put my head back on his shoulder.

"I love you too. You're my big brother," I whispered into his ear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

U like?
I hope u do
Love u guys
VOTE and COMMENT
And FOLLOW me
-Rubyann ^_^