Chapter13: wattpad has decided to screw me over on the finale. wh y

the actual title was this, but fuck wattpad it wont let me put it, this is the third time this happened aAAHH-:

Once a life ends, a newer, better one begins. And that's honestly ok. 

This is the last chapter, and honestly? I feel like I'm gonna cry, like geez I got so attached to this story dear god-

ALSO ITS NOT ROMANTIC, LIKE YOU'LL SEE BUT ITS A DAD AND HIS SON. SOMEBODY BROUGHT IT UP, AND NOW I FEEL LIKE I HAVE TO CLARIFY, TAKE THE FLUFF AND LEAVE IT BE COMMENTS. DONT MAKE IT WEIRDCHAMP.

With that, I do thoroughly hope you enjoy this; it's the end of a four month I believe journey, and I'm so glad I got to take it with you.

Enjoy the ending of Horizon's My Target; I hope it was everything you wanted and more, and I hope it made you think a little. I hope, if you let me, that this changed your life, even if a little bit, and that, even if for a moment, i was able to make you feel with the characters, and break beyond the boundary of their human counterparts to deliver you a truly good, human story about emotions and guilt and all that jazz. I hope i was able to make the experience worthwhile, is what i'm trying to say, and make you at least think you didn't waste your time reading. And maybe, just maybe, if i did my job right, it was good enough that you wouldn't mind reading it again.

As long as you liked it, then i am truly happy, happier than words can describe.

Now i'll shut up; enjoy the ending, i hope it meets your expectations and then goes beyond them to make the experience truly enjoyable, and for you to be able to say that it really, truly, was a good book you wouldn't mind reading again. After all, thats the biggest compliment you can get as an author; knowing that somebody enjoyed such a simple story you made.

Enjoy <3

Spiritinq

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ghostbur blinked, shielding his eyes with his arm from the far-too bright sun. He winced, slowly sitting up to take in his surroundings.

He gasped as somebody collided into him, wrapping him in a hug so hard it took his breath away. He felt his heart stop for a moment, smelling the faint scent of ash, smoke, and cinnamon. He hated his heart for jumping with joy as his brain immediately went: Wil. My Wil; he's fine, he's not dead. He came with me: we're alive, together, we are we are we are-

He felt tears prick his eyes as somebody's bushy orange tail wagged out of the corner of his vision. He knew it was too good to be true, but..

He slowly reached out, gingerly wrapping his arms around Fundy to return the hug, feeling his heart warm at the shocked, then at the happy noise the boy made in response. He felt himself petting his soft ears, feeling his heart soften as the fox boy broke down into tears, whimpering something about missing him, and how much it hurt for him to be gone, and how much he missed Wil- er, technically Ghostbur, but Fundy didn't have to know that.

Fundy gasped for breath, before burying his face in Ghostbur's neck. Ghostbur felt his heart stop as he heard the fox whisper "Dad, you're alive, Really and truly alive, I-" before breaking down further, cutting himself off with the intense sobs racking his chest as he clutched Ghostbur's shoulder, clinging like he was worried Ghostbur would disappear again if he dared to let go.

Ghostbur awkwardly patted his back, feeling his cheeks warm up as the boy leaned into his touch. So this is Fundy. He smiled to himself, gently petting his head as he said quietly "yea, sorry about that."