Prologue

"No mom, I'm not going to flunk this exam. You know I've been studying since the start of this week." I smile into the phone as I scroll through the library, I then feel the abrupt vibration on my phone. 

As I remove the phone away from my face, I notice it's Aunt May calling. I then hear the TV in the library study space get turned up. I walk out of the hall of book to see a breaking news arrive. People are yelling and crowding the TV I'm at, as I struggling to stay balanced from the sudden chaos my eyes find themselves on Peters face. 

"Peter....what have you done?" I mumble seeing him labeled as 'Public Enemy #1'. I quickly break free from the crowd and answer Aunt May's call. "Aunt May explain now."

"Peter he's- never mind that. We might need your help, and I know I know you're busy but Peter has been in trouble." I speed walk and grab the books I need, I turn to the Library lady and see her at her desk. 

"Say less, I'll be on stand by, text me if you need any help." I sign out the books and sling my bag around. "Aunt May?"

"Hey, it's Peter here. I think they found our about you too, from our pictures together." I start to look around, seeing multiple people take out their phones. 

"Peter I'm about to be swarmed, so help?!" I start running out, seeing the people follow me. "Is this what I get for being a family friend? HEY!?" I feel myself starting to feel exhausted until I yell as I get swiped from the air. "Thank you!" I yell to Peter as we fly across traffic, he loses the helicopter and drops me off at my house.

"Sorry for the surprise visit but--" I hug him tightly, he returns the hug. I back away and punch him in the arm. "Ow?"

"I'm glad you're alright, but jeez I guess news spread fast." I exclaim, placing my hands on my hips. 

"You have no idea." He then goes around in my house and starts closing windows, and doors. "Listen I need favor-"

"Yeah I know Aunt May told me--" He stops moving around and walks towards me.

"I need for you to stay inside your house until I can fix everything." I lose my words, and look around. 

"I have exams, I have errands, and my job....how long will this take?" He shakes his head, I sigh. 

"I don't know." I look around, and accept defeat. 

"Okay....okay, I'll stay in. Just be careful and call me whenever you need." I state as he nods, I open my door and he slowly walks towards it.

"Thank you Y/N." He says.

"No problem, now go and save your future." I playfully push him out the door, he then webs away.

I huff and place my library books on my kitchen table, and sling my bag around the chair. As I examine my dark house, I can't help but feel tired. I walk over to my couch and throw myself on it, as I grab the remote I feel nervous. I turn on the TV to see multiple channels cover Peter's identity. I start to lose my mind and turn off the TV, I throw my remote away from me as I relax down a bit. 

How did he get in this mess in the first place? I lean back, resting my head on the arm rest. I haven't seen him in a while, but he's been busy...with hero stuff? I groan and cover my eyes, hoping it'll release my overthinking tension. Maybe I need to sleep it off, maybe this is a bad dream. God, I'm a idiot....

I turn over and close my eyes, letting my mind put me on ease. No sound, or light, just pure nothingness to take over. I finally sleep, feeling a sense of relief, I shuffle around the couch until a pure yellow light shines through my eyelids. I slightly open them seeing it come from the kitchen. Out of a pure panic I sit up and hurt my eyes from the light, I get up and slowly walk over to the kitchen. I shield my eyes a bit, hoping a car didn't pull up into the driveway. As I notice the clock saying 8 pm, I finally let my eyes focus. 

I hear a cackle and turn around, I notice a green ball crash through my window. Before I know it I scream as it explodes, throwing me towards the yellow light.