Chapter Fifteen

He starts walking towards me, I don't show any emotion. I then turning my eyes to security cameras hooked onto the roof. He stops and calms his breathing. I hear the door open behind me, it was Peter.

"Hey I'm glad your finally home!" He hugs be tightly. I confusingly accept as he separates from me.

"Peter what're you doing?!" I whisper as he smiles, putting hair behind my ear.

"Playing the part—Hey!" He turns to my supposedly Uncle. "I'm Peter, and you must be?"

"Leaving." He states angrily, before turning around he stops and looks directly at me. "Before I go, who are you?"

"Close friend! She gave me time to find a new apartment by crashing at her place so." He shrugs and looks at me, then back to my uncle.

"Good." He gets into the car, as Peter guides me in with a arm around my shoulder. When hearing the front door close I shove him off.

"Okay where the hell were you?!" He shouts, I give him an expression of shock for his outburst.

"Playing my part remember?? I had everything handled, I'm okay." As I try to escape this unwanted conversation, he follows me into the kitchen.

"That guy looked like he was about to hit you, so please just fill me in." I fill a glass of water and turn around.

"That's my abusive uncle apparently." I take a sip as he looks back then at me.

"A-Abusive??! Did he hit you—" I place the glass down.

"He....he." God save me now from this awkward interaction. "He tried to intimidate me, by trying to choke me." Peter quickly moves over to me, lifting my head, examining my neck. I angrily push him away. "Like I said I'm okay, I handled it."

"No no, Y/N handling it would've been running to me so I could beat that man and turn him into the police." I put the glass in the sink as he keeps yammering on. "You shouldn't have went—I should've came with you."

"Peter it's not your fault or mine. I have to somehow protect myself when you're busy fighting crime." I chuckle sarcastically as he turns my body around.

"I don't think you understand Y/N, you're my responsibility, you're my priority." I roll my eyes and walk away from him. "What?!"

"I'm tired okay?! I know you want to protect me, but to treat me like I'm helpless isn't working either." I sigh and stop not wanting to continue our little feud. "My uncle is planning to create a publicity stunt with you, and I don't know when or where. They wouldn't tell me."

"Why? I haven't been the greatest Spider-Man." I look at him, knowing after all he's lost, he stopped being a hero.

"Saving me from the mob, it redeemed your status. You're given a second chance." His face lights up, feeling the same love New York had to give back then. I sweat as my hair sticks to the back of my neck, as I tie my hair up, I see Peter grab my shoulders. "Pe—"

"He bruised your neck slightly, nothing to noticeable." As he places a hand on my neck, I can't help but to feel hot again. My eyes wander around, feeling a new sensation of burning in my cheeks. "God, I had no idea that this universe you  lived like this."

"Me either." I state as he finishes his examination. "Listen I'm tired and I have some work to do."

"Work?" He says putting his arms in his hips.

"Editing photos for social media, of myself. This is so weird." I scoff and start walking to my bedroom as he laughs.

"Not as weird than seeing three Peters in one room right?" I look at him, his smile filled with hope.

"Right." I return the smile but feel light. I can feel myself not in the right place all the time—I don't think I'm supposed to be here at all.

(Peters Point of View)

I watch her go upstairs, noticing how tired her eyes looked. I wait awhile then return back to my room. I enter seeing the suit perfectly sitting in my chair.

Should I?

I'm tired....and want to sleep but—maybe a few hours couldn't hurt.