Chapter Six

I watch something roll under the rubble, I limp and stretch my arm under to reach it. As I take hold of it, I examine the cure. It's the Green Goblin's cure, it's perfected, it'll work on him. I watch my Peter swing to the isolated area beside the ocean. It was the fallen shield, he starts punching the Green Goblin, with an anger I've never seen before. I watch him indulge his mind into he anger Aunt May has put upon him. 

The Peter who saved me, lands beside me. We exchange worried looks then back at Peter, he starts to get more aggressive.

"He's gonna kill him." The Peter beside me look at me.

"How do you know?" He asks.

"It's what I would've done....here." I place the cure in his hand, I nod at him.

The older Peter stops my Peter, using his strength to hold off the glider the Green Goblin used. The final blow delayed, as the glider drops everything stays silent. The Goblin pulls out a hidden blade in his arm, stabbing the older Peter. The cure flies through the air, I turn my head but see him disappear beside me. He lands on the shield as the cure in injected into the Goblin, he gets paralyzed as kneels down. 

The older Peter gets help, having his body weight rest on the Peter who was just beside me. I stand and watch as the three converse, making this whole experience a fever dream. I close my eyes for a second to take everything in. My Peter flies above and meets a strange man on top of the statue. I see Ned and MJ appear next to me, they smile at me, making my face shift on its own. I hug the two, and feel them give the hug back. We separate hearing Peter land beside us.

"Guys, I don't have a lot of time--but you are going to forget me. It's fate--I have too--" We all start talking over one another. "It's the only way!" He yells.

"Peter, I've lost Aunt May--I can't lose you too--I can't." I feel my tears start to escape, so does his. 

"Don't say that." He hugs me quickly, as I start to feel floaty. "We'll meet again."

"Find me--please." I feel him release our embrace, without any words he nods. As I watch him say goodbye to his friends, I see the other Peters stare at all of us from afar.

I break through and jump down, I wobble as I step on to the massive shield. I walk closer to the two, and see their smiles appear on their face. I smile and finally approach them with ease, my last step across from them. The older one separates from the tall one, his arms extend as I gracefully hug him.

"I don't know why--but I felt like I've known you for years Y/N." I laugh and we give each other space.

"I felt the same--I won't be able to remember any of this...but hopefully I can dream about this." I feel a tear escape, I quickly wipe my cheek and compose myself. "And you...Thank--" His hug captures me, the butterflies in my stomach build up as I realize this Peter was always here, in my Peters heart. "Thank you, for saving my life."

"You saved your own." He says, I tilt my head in confusion. "The hit, you sacrificed yourself. The electricity could've killed you, but your control and will-power was stronger than anyone I've seen. You are a walking miracle." I look behind me, seeing the sky repair itself, it's time.

I watch MJ disappear in a yellow dust, Ned follows. The wind takes them away, final memory is an outline of their bodies. I raise both my hands the floaty feeling eating me alive, slowly my fingers disappear. My Peter reaches to where I am, watching as I fade. I watch the dust turn into butterflies, moving up into the air. I look at all three Peters, I smile as they do, holding their tears back.

"Don't give up." I state as I stare into the eyes of the hero's.

 The dust captures my head, I stare up and watch as the sky washes away in an instant. The last words I hear are....

"Promise."