Chapter Ten

The morning arrives, I groggily get out of bed and instantly go into my closet. As I'm looking for something plain or nice to wear, I hear a ring tone. I look around, and jump hearing a bag fall to the ground, a phone slips out. 

What? I thought I had my phone on me already. I kneel and see it was a separate phone, it had multiple texts and calls. The most recent was a text stating they're coming--wait who's coming? I need to tell Peter--I need to get dressed.

I take out a white long-sleeve turtle neck and a green skirt. I quickly change and find the matching jacket. I slip on basic white heels, seeing the red bottoms. I'm impressed--no no I need to focus. I freshen up by brushing my hair, feeling my head go bald with each aggressive brush. I angrily brush my teeth, almost knocking them out. I grab the two phones and run out the room. 

I almost slip as I open his room door, he's not here--he's not here?! I run down stairs, and look up seeing him shirtless with the front door open. A girl is standing outside with her mouth agape. I freeze as she angrily stomps towards me, she grabs my forearm and peels me away from the situation. She pushes me in the kitchen ad crosses her arms.

"Okay first off, you ignore my calls and texts ON BOTH PHONES. Then I see a random man opening your front door." I stutter to get a sentence out as she raises her hand cutting me off. "Girl, I'm just glad you finally found a partner." She hugs me tightly, I struggle to breathe.

"I-um...not my boyfriend." I instantly say with a smile. I watch her look back leaning, and quickly turning around, she winks. "No seriously-"

"Listen you have a photoshoot, and a conference about upcoming promotions strategies. Your agent is furious, so we better get a move on." She drags me along, I look around seeing Peter is no where to be found.

"Peter? Peter-Peter Parker?!" I shout as the front door closes. 

"Not your boyfriend but you know his name....why are you lying to me?" I get shoved in a car and grunt from the sudden push.

"I'm not lying--he's a friend." The car starts as I turn my head, grabbing onto the middle seat. "So...uh who is this agent?" I ask and try to calmly sit back down in my seat. If I can't escape this life, I have to gain intel on how to leave.

"Y/N-- you can't be serious?" She raises her brows at me, I awkwardly shrug. "Your uncle??? Stewart???" I nod and gasp.

"Right....right-I was joking--see I knew that." I chuckle and she follows with a nervous laugh. "Um, how long do these things take?"

"Today it'll be maybe 1-2 hours, the conference should be easy so about 30 minutes added." I look down at my personal phone, ignoring the texts from strangers. It's still early in the morning, I'll have time to sneak out. "What's with you lately?" I snap my neck to her, feeling like a child getting caught with an Ipad at night.

"What?" I ask, she tilts her head.

"You're more....submissive to your Uncle's work, I've never seen you this calm ever. Did something happen?" I stun myself for an answer, I sit there and feel my mouth going agape. Only for no answer to prevail.

A huge thump hits the top of the car, she orders the sunroof to open. She peeks out and I follow her movements. I use my jacket to cover my head, afraid I'll be noticed in public. I see something red and blue swing by. Crowd gather as New York Traffic suffers it's terrible fate, going bumper to bumper. The crowd yells as they identify the swinging colors to be Spiderman. Peter Parker please try to get me out of this situation, as soon as possible this time. 

The wind picks up and blows my jacket away, I turn around and watch someone catch it. I see their gaze close upon mine. The excitement reaches their face as I turn around in a panic, I try to keep covering my face as fans surround the vehicle. 

I'm an dumbass!

I'm an dumbass!

Why did I even get out of the car?! The male fans get crazy and start to climb, I begin to crouch and try to use the vehicle as a shield. I see Peter circling around, I reach out my arm and he clasps it, helping me escape the situation.