Chapter Eighteen

"Y/N! Y/N! Who pushed you!?" I turn seeing another reporter.

"Y/N is it true you plan these just to see Spider-man?" I get another mic in my face.

"Y/N is it true that you and Spider-man are in a committed relationship?!" I look back seeing my managers and Uncle come in.

What the fuck? This can't be happening.

"Our lovely Y/N will answer questions in a moment, she will have to consult with Spider-man" He grabs my shoulder, and I angrily shrug him off, as our guards push them back. "Kiss him."

"What?!" I shout, Peter walks towards us.

"Ah theres our hero!" He shouts. "Now, pretend you feel so grateful you kiss him."

"Whoa whoa." Peter states, looking at my shocked expression. "This is--she could've got hurt." He explains as he smiles.

"Publicity, now next time it wont be a stunt, if you don't do what I say." I rapidly blink as I contain my anger. The power starting to flush into my body again, I look down unable to expose myself now.

"Y/N?" Peter takes my arm.

"I'm sorry." I state, I slowly start to walk away but Peter holds me back.

"Seriously are you okay?" I clench my fists and look around, it's getting to close--I need to conceal it.

I have to.

"Yeah I am." I take his mask and gently lift it, stopping at the bottom of his nose. I lift my head and place a simple one on his lips.

He confusingly freezes, as I pull him closer. He supports my back and head, as I turn my head. I shift to the right, to hide from cameras. As we separate, I rush to cover his face back up. I clear my throat and look at everyone.

"Y/N..?" I quickly nudge him.

"Take me home." I whisper, he doesn't miss a second and grabs me. I hold on as he shoots web in the air. We fly away, and the awkward feeling I have for that moment is stuck in my mind.

We land silently, and I quickly open the door. As I step through, I angrily place my things down, I start to pace around. My thoughts entangling with one another, as I keep seeing the flashes of the cameras in my eyes.

"Y/N?" I hear, he grabs my shoulder. I turn seeing his messy hair and glistening face. "Are you alright?"

"Pissed." He furrows his brows, "I'm pissed!"

"Trust me you're not the only one." I shake my hair, releasing tension from the roots. "I can't believe they would put you in danger, just for press. God that is so immature, so stupid, so—" I grab his arm.

"I think you're more upset than I am." I lightly laugh, he smiles with his lips. "Listen I'm so sorry about me kissing you...I just wanted to get it over with."

"No-no...it was alright." He shyly scratches his head and turns his body away from me, as he awkwardly sways.

"It was alright? What do you mean by that?" I cross my arms with anger as his eyes match with mine again.

"What?! No I didn't—" I step closer.

"Am I a bad kisser or something?!" He puts his hands up and shakes them aggressively.

"No! It's just—" He starts backing up.

"Was it not up to your expectations?" I scoff, and watch his nervous antics try to save him now. "Peter—"

"Your not a bad kisser!" I freeze in my spot. "I was just caught off guard, that's all."

I furrow my brows and frown unimpressed, as he stares back.

"You think I'm lying don't you?" He states as I nod. "Okay then re-do."

"Re-do..?" I confusingly ask as he tosses aside his mask.

"Yes a re-do." I start to slightly move back. "Alright, plant one on me."

"You're serious?" I release my arms.

"Dead serious." He looks at me, stiff as ever.

"Peter this is weird." I whine as he sighs and shifts around.

"I'll give a honest review, just don't make this more awkward than it already is." I start shifting my gaze. "I feel bad so just do it."

"Fine!" I snap, he closes his eyes as I try to find the right position, he peeks with one eye. "Don't look at me!" I snap again, as he closes his eyes shut.

Silence fills the room as I contemplate if this is right or not. I stand, watching him relax.

"Are you gonna do it or not—"

I kiss him, as he bumps into the wall behind him startled. My hands place on either side of his face, I lean into it as his hands roam. They find themselves on my lower back.

His hand reached up, grasping my neck. As I tilt my head to the right, I feel my hand entangled within his hair. He aggressively slips his tongue in, as I hold myself by his torso.

"Fuck..." he lowly states, as I slowly deepen the kiss.

"Oh my god!!!" We both jump and turn towards the door, as my so called best friend stands there frozen.