Chapter Fourteen

As I finish my water, I quickly lean back, making sure she's out of my sight. I smoothly run out the kitchen, I turn my head seeing the dirty dishes sitting on the table.

In a haste I web them and aim them by the sink, after I poorly throw the plates, it shatters. I curse under my breath and let the broken glass sit in the sink. I run up the stairs and quickly throw in my suit.

Y/N my priority, I need to keep a look out for her. I need to protect and keep her safe— I'm the one who saved her at the Statue of Liberty, I am responsible for her.

I run into her room and slide the glass door, leaving out her balcony. Where could she be? Damn it!

(Y/N point of view)

"Y/N?? Earth to Y/N?"

I snap out of my trance filled with boredom as I see a pair of fingers snap in my face.

"Yeah yeah—?" I stated looking at the man next to me.

"So how do you feel about this publicity stunt?" I tilt my head and instantly look down  at the packet in front of me.

"Publicity stunt...?" The man sighs and rubs his eyes angrily.

"Since Spider-Man saved you the other day, we wanted to try and do another one. A man will harass you and he will come running to save you, you two will pose for a picture then boom! People will wonder if you two are dating." I rapidly blink my eyes and go through all the pages.

"So, you want me to be in danger for stupid publicity?" I ask staring at him dead in the face. The awkward silence fills the room, the man starts to laugh while looking around. The whole table follows the fake, evil, pathetic laughter. I shake my head but his hand grabs the arm rest of the chair.

"Remember you little bitch, we own you. You do what your uncle says okay?" I look around as the same people laughing turn a blind eye, not wanting to help or give me a glance.

"Okay." I state blankly, he gently lets go and pats my shoulder. I turn away with disgust in my blood.

"And this time Y/N follow your damn schedule or  you know what happens." I nod as he straightens his files in front of him. "Alright meeting is officially over."

The people scatter like ants, anxiety filling their spine as they rush out, leaving behind pens. I stand up and push in the office chair as my phone keeps buzzing. I ignore it, knowing it's nothing important. I slowly walk out seeing the car parked outside, a few bodyguards gather around me. I grab a mask, covering my face so I could be left alone.

The car door opens, I gently place myself inside, feeling numb to this life. I wanted to try and play the part, but I can't....this constant negativity. God, how did this girl live like this? I quickly watch the man from before enter the vehicle beside me. I jump hearing the door slam, I look out the window, uncomfortable...nervous. 

"I apologize for my harsh approach, but we need this." I sigh and refuse the awkward eye contact. "Y/N..." He places a hand on my thigh, I stare directly at him, wanting to hit him with everything I got. "I'm basically your only family left."

This is my uncle...?

"When and where." He gives me a surprised look, like I haven't spoken back to him at all.

"Meaning?" I sigh and politely shove his hand away. 

"The stunt, where and what time?" He smirks and pulls out his phone, typing away.

"We want it to be real as can be, so we're not going to tell you." I angrily turn away, and he curses under his breath. "This attitude of yours needs to calm down."

"Or what?!" I shout, seeing his expression grow vile, as the sound of silence kills my ears, he suddenly grabs my throat.

"Shut the fuck up." He responds.

"I'll have marks on my throat, bad for press." I hold onto his wrist trying to pry them off.

"Wear a turtle neck." He grips onto my throat tighter.

"I'll break the window, and run like a mad-man--" He cuts me off as I feel myself grow blue.

"I'll say you were on drugs." As I look in the rear-view mirror, I come up with another idea.

"You won't have me to pay your fucking bills, sure you'll have publicity but you won't have shit from me." He releases me, as I grab onto my throat, I cough as he chuckles lowly. 

"I don't know who gave you the ball to talk back, but next time I won't be as nice." I open my own door, and step out seeing my home. I turn around and lean down, watching as his eyes grow dark with the wrong intentions. 

"There won't be a next time." I slam the door and flick him off as I enter my house, hearing shouting from the car. 

I stop my hand, as I hear the car door open. I reach away my keys, hiding them from him. 

"Y/N!!!"