Chapter Eleven

{Peter Parker's Point of View}

I half-asleep stare at the random shocked woman at the door, I shake my hair making myself comfortable. She storms in I quickly turn my head seeing Y/N come down the stairs elegantly, I wake up instantly and watch as he notices my body. She adverts her gaze and gets dragged by the woman, I look down and web up the stairs.

I stumble looking for a clean shirt to wear, I find one and start putting it on as I hear her calling my name. I look over the railing to see her gone, I run back into my room and slip into the suit. I run over to Y/N room and web out of her balcony for a quick exit. I follow the black BMW and watch them take the main road.

As traffic slows them down, I web across seeing the people notice me. I purposefully slam down on the car getting more speed to web away. I look back and watch her peek her head out, her expression grow more worried.

'She looks scared'

I web my way to her, as the wind picks up and takes her jacket away. The crazy mobs start to climb upon the car, I nod and she notices my route towards her. She extends an arm and I quickly grab her, adjusting my hand by her hip. A black fog appears in the blue sky, I get blinded and we get thrown on a building. We roll aggressively on the rooftop, grunts and groans fill the air.

"How?! Who?!" I shout, finding my feet. I charge up and run at the fog, seeing two bright yellow eyes appear. Before I could do anything it fades away. I hear groaning and turn to see Y/N pulling herself up. "Y/N!"

I grab her forearms and help her finish, she stumbles back making me place my hand on her lower back. She looks behind her on what could've been a harsh fall. She moves inward, making sure she's in the center.

"What the hell was that?" She says groaning, I follow up as I notice something dark under her sleeve, I panic and snatch her wrist. "Peter?"

"Are you alright--I'm sorry I had no idea that thing would show up." She rubs and shows me it's just debris from her climbing.

"Not your fault, I'm thinking it's mine." I confusingly stop her in her tracks.

"Nope, this is not how I thought this conversation would go." She sits down on the ledge, and I join her.

"This might sound stupid, but I think I switched souls with someone. I asked questions to that girl and it seemed like she was looking at a different person." She kicks tiny rocks as she explains.

"Not stupid, but you think souls or spirits could be switched?" She shrugs, and she stares into my eyes like a lost puppy.

"Two souls cannot be in one body, it's impossible--it's immoral in realities. I think the bodies stay as the spirit transfers. I can't explain how else it would happen but--it's a theory." I stare back at her, he comfortably moves her eyes across my face, like she's trying to read my mind. Problem is I don't know what's on hers.

"Did you take honors or AP in high school or something?" She nudges me. "Ok ok, not funny I get it. It would make the most sense, but I think something else passed through." Her eyes fill with light.

"Right right, the mist it's not human." She points at me like I've made a shocking discovery. "The vail, only allows spirits or souls not anything there you know?"

"One problem, how did I go to your universe then?" She looks at me with no clear answer.

"That I don't know." She looks away as I keep staring at her. As she turns back to me, I can't help but to feel embarrassed. Did she notice me staring at her? Am I a creep? "God, I wish Strange knew where I am—but he would've forgotten me by now."

"How?" I turn my whole body to her, as she looks at me I notice she's upset.

"Basically I've met almost everyone in my life because of Peter--my universe Peter." She looks away, fidgeting with her skirt fabric. "I've felt alone, but god....this has to be the worst." Her hair falls down, shielding her face.

"I never forgot about you." She turns to me, giving a light smile. She stops what she's doing and leans closer to me.