Chapter 1: Wishing for love.

It was midnight in New York city and the Mighty Mutanimals were doing a nightly patrol around the city.

"Alright Mutanimals, let's split up so we can cover more ground." Said Slash, their leader.

The rest of the team members nodded and went off in separate directions. Pigeon Pete north, Mondo gecko south, Slash and Rockwell east and Leatherhead west.

As he was making his way through the city, Leatherhead had something going through his head.

"Everyone is counting on me to protect this city with my friends and I am happy that I have them, but why do I feel like there's something missing in my life, more specifically my heart." Leatherhead thought as he scouted the roof tops.

Just then when he got to central park he saw something that made him realize what he was missing... True love.

In the park on a bench there was an old couple, they were sitting together and talking as they hugged each other and their wedding rings glinted in the moonlight.

They had just finished celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary party.

"I can't believe that we've been married 50 years." The woman said in disbelief as her husband hugged her.

The husband smiled, "Honey, close your eyes." He said to his wife.

The wife did and then she felt something go around her neck.

"Okay, open them." The husband said and when the wife did she gasped it was a beautiful diamond necklace with the diamond carved into the shape of a tulip, her favorite flower.

"Oh honey, I love it. And you remembered that tulips are my favorite flower. You remembered when you gave a bouquet to me when you first asked me out, when you proposed to me, when we got married, and every year for our anniversary, my birthday and even times when I was just feeling down." She said, tears forming in her eyes.

The husband smiled, "I knew you'd like it, after all you deserved it for helping me through all the bad times in my life and for always being there for me when I needed it." He said.

She smiled, "I love you." She said hugging her husband.

"I love you too." He said. hugging her back.

Then they both kissed, so happy to have been married for 50 years and together even longer.

But as they were so happy Leatherhead looked down from his hiding place, feeling sad.

He sighed "They are so lucky to have each other. What would it feel like if I could have someone to love, get married to, and have a family with." He said sadly.

"I just wish I could find the right girl for me." He said as he walked away.

Just then music started to play and he began to sing.

Leatherhead:

Somewhere beyond the sea

Somewhere waiting for me

My lover stands on golden sands

And watches the ships that go sailin'

Somewhere beyond the sea

She's there watching for me

If I could fly like birds on high

Then straight to her arms

I'd go sailing

It's far beyond the stars

It's near beyond the moon

I know beyond a doubt

My heart will lead me there soon

We'll meet beyond the shore

We'll kiss just as before

Happy we'll be beyond the sea

And never again I'll go sailing

I know beyond a doubt, ah

My heart will lead me there soon

We'll meet (I know we'll meet) beyond the shore

We'll kiss just as before

Happy we'll be beyond the sea

And never again I'll go sailing

No more sailing

So long sailing

Bye bye sailing

When he was done he just sadly began to head back to Mutanimals headquarters.