Chapter 5: Seeing each other again.

The next day once the sun had set Leatherhead waited until his friends were asleep and once it was midnight he crept out of the lair.

After about five minutes of wandering the street Leatherhead saw Alopex on top of a building and he smiled as he saw her.

Alopex paced back and forth waiting for her new friend to show up. When she heard a thump she turned towards it surprised but was relieved when she saw that it was only Leatherhead and smiled when she saw him.

"Hey Leatherhead." Alopex said.

Leatherhead smiled, "Hey there Alopex." He said. smiling at her.

They both looked at the ground nervously trying to think of something to start up a conversation with.

"So Leatherhead, what do you do with the Turtles and their allies?" Alopex asked.

"Well I help them protect this city along with the rest of my friends the Mighty Mutanimals." Leatherhead said.

"Whoa that's cool, back in Tokyo I protect the city as well but it is just me. I have no team there to help me." Alopex said sadly.

Leatherhead looked at her sympathetically and put an arm around her "Why don't you have a team to help you?" He asked.

Alopex sighed "I am the only mutant in Tokyo. And all normal people fear me for my appearance." She said.

"What do you mean normal people?" He asked.

"I wasn't always a mutant fox when I was a child. Years ago I was a human girl named Sara, I had a mom, a dad, and a brother. I loved my life but one day I was playing in the playground with my brother Takashi when a portal opened up. My brother thought it was a magic door and we both decided to enter but it turned out to lead us to them and they mutated me and my brother into what we are today." She said sadly, explaining her backstory.

Leatherhead had noticed that when she said them she sounded bitter and knew who she was talking about.

"Alopex I know how it feels to have a backstory like this." He said. trying to comfort her.

Alopex looked at him surprised. "You do?" She asked.

Leatherhead nodded "Years ago I was raised by a kind human boy but when his parents found out about me they dumped me in the sewers. The Kraang found me and took me to their dimension where they mutated me and subjected me to horrible experiments, but they couldn't break my spirit so one day I escaped and fled back to Earth and ever since then when I met the Turtles we fought against the Kraang until we ended their evil plans once and for all." He solemnly explained his backstory.

Alopex gasped and covered her mouth feeling bad for him. "Oh I am so sorry that that happened to you, Leatherhead." She said holding his hand.

Leatherhead looked at her and sighed "It's okay I am sorry for what happened to you and your brother. Where is he now?" He was curious about Alopex's remaining family.

Alopex froze but then looked bitter. "I don't wish to talk about him, we are not on speaking terms." She said bitterly.

Leatherhead was surprised but decided to respect her wishes ''Okay you don't have to talk about him." He said.

Alopex smiled "Thank you Leatherhead. I um have to go now. Do you want to meet here again tomorrow night?" She asked.

Leatherhead blushed. "I would like to meet you again, just not here. Meet me at the old factory over there tomorrow night. Same time." He said pointing in the direction of the factory.

Alopex smiled, "Okay see you tomorrow night." She said and left.

Leatherhead smiled dreamily "See ya." He said and went back to Mutanimals headquarters.