Chapter 10: Meeting His Team.

After leaving the Turtles lair, Leatherhead was jumping on the rooftops to get to Mutanimals headquarters.

"Here we are." He said stopping at the entrance of HQ. As he was about to walk inside he felt a small tap on his arm.

"Leatherhead you really don't mind protecting and looking after me until I heal?" Alopex asked as she looked at him.

Leatherhead smiled "No I really don't mind. I care about you Alopex." He said looking at her.

Alopex was shocked. "He cares about me." She thought that besides her brother before his corruption no one had cared about her well being after she became a mutant. "Thank you. You're so nice." She said, staring at him.

Leatherhead blushed "You're welcome." He said and they leaned close again before Leatherhead snapped back to reality. "Um we should probably get inside before your brother finds us." Leatherhead said nervously.

Alopex then looked at the ground and said "Yes we should." She said and they went inside.

"Everyone come out, I bought a guest who needs to stay for a while!" Leatherhead shouted, calling his friends.

Soon Slash, Mondo gecko, Pigeon Pete, and Dr. Rockwell came down. They were all surprised to see Leatherhead with another mutant in his arms.

"Guys this is Alopex she..." He tried to introduce Alopex to his team, but he was interrupted by Mondo and Pete.

"Leatherhead, dude! You didn't tell us you had a girlfriend!" Mondo shouted excitedly.

"When did you two start dating?" Pete asked excitedly.

Both Alopex and Leatherhead blushed at their comments "She-she's not my girlfriend!" Leatherhead shouted nervously.

"Yeah we're just friends!" Alopex shouted shyly as well.

Slash and Rockwell just rolled their eyes "So Leatherhead why did you bring Alopex here?" Slash asked them to come up to them.

Leatherhead and Alopex looked at each other before answering "She came to New York because she is an ally and a friend of the Turtles, but Tiger Claw ,her brother, attacked her and caused her to injure her leg. So I'm going to take care of her and protect her from him until she recovers." He said.

Slash smiled and then reached out to Alopex and she took it "Well welcome to our home Alopex, we're honored to have you here as our guest." He said. shaking her hand.

Alopex smiled "Thank you Slash I really appreciate it." She said happily.

Slash smiled, "Why don't you stay in the small office building right outside the factory until you heal." He suggested.

Alopex smiled "Sure." And then Leatherhead took her to the building that had an old couch in it for Alopex to sleep on, with a pillow and some old blankets to keep her warm.

Leatherhead sat her down on the couch and she smiled "Thank you Leatherhead." She said smiling.

Leatherhead smiled back "Your welcome. Well good night Alopex." He said before leaving.

"Good night, Leatherhead." She said before Leatherhead left.

Suddenly music began to play and Alopex began to sing.

Alopex: Why am I so nervous?

What is causing me to blush?

Why does my heart feel like it's having a rush?

What if I have some feelings for him?

Could this be the love I've been looking for?

Tell me why I'm not sleeping and

My heart is leaping inside me!

Could this be one of those times when

Your feelings decide?

Why does he look so happy?

Why does he blush like me?

Why do I feel so shy when we meet?

Is it because he likes me?

What could he even like?

Could there be a future for us to share?

All these questions keep turning and

Churning and burning inside me!

What are these feelings I feel

When he's here by my side?

I need to know these answers,

I need to find my way,

Seize my tomorrow,

Learn my yesterday.

I need to take these chances,

Let all my feelings show.

Can't tell what's waiting

Still I feel like this so,

I need to know.

(Soon Leatherhead begins to sing as well.)

Leatherhead: Isn't she just amazing,

Daring and bold and sure?

Different from girls that

I've seen before.

Do you think she might like me?

How did I look tonight?

I just wanted everything to

Be right.

All these questions keep turning and

Churning and burning inside me!

What are these feelings I feel

When she's here by my side?

Both: I need to know these answers,

I need to find my way,

Seize my tomorrow,

Learn my yesterday.

I need to take these chances,

Let all my feelings show.

Can't tell what's waiting,

Still I need to hope.

I need to know.

After the song they both went to sleep.