Chapter 3: Telling his wish to his closest friend.

Back at Mutanimals headquarters Leatherhead was thinking about his loneliness, but he didn't want the others to find out about it but he really needed someone to talk to and there was only one person he trusted more than Slash... Michelangelo.

So Leatherhead called Mikey with his T-Phone and waited for him to answer.

"Hello?" Mikey said as he answered his phone.

"Michelangelo it's me." Leatherhead said as he replied to Mikey.

"Leatherhead! What's up dude?!" Mikey said enthusiastically as always.

Leatherhead sighed "Everything is alright my friend. But I have a favor to ask of you." He said.

"Sure dude what is it?" Mikey asked.

"I have a secret wish, but I don't want to tell the other Mutanimals about it. Could you please meet me later tonight so we can talk about it. Alone? " Leatherhead asked quietly.

"Sure dude. No problemo." Mikey said.

Leatherhead smiled, "Thank you my friend, I'll see you tonight at 8 in Stockman's old lab." He said before hanging up.

Later that day Leatherhead was making his way to Stockman's old lab to go talk to Mikey.

Once he arrived he saw Mikey waiting for him playing on his T-phone.

"Michelangelo." Leatherhead said which got Mikey's attention.

Mikey smiled "Leatherhead!" He shouted as he ran up to hug him.

After the hug, Mikey asked a question "So what's this secret wish of yours?"

Leatherhead sighed. "Last night I saw an old couple in the park who had just celebrated 50 years of marriage and it made me realize that I was missing what they had." He said looking at the ground sadly.

Mikey looked concerned and took his hand "What is it?" He asked sympathetically while holding his hand.

Leatherhead looked at him "Love." He said.

Mikey smiled at him "Don't worry bro you'll find the right girl for you someday." He said reassuringly.

Suddenly music began to play and Mikey began to sing.

Mikey:

Just around the corner, seeking you

Puppy love is tripping lightly into view

Hiding in the hedgerows

Sneaking up on tiptoes

Love's first kiss is blissfully

About to capture you

Just around the corner wafting close

Love is creeping nearer than you might suppose

So sit still and wait now

Let love choose your fate now

Take a pause, don't run because

It's right behind you

Let love find you

Young love

It's love, love, love, love, love

Love so lovely

What can you say to love

But love?

Maybe on the rooftops, climbing high

Somewhere just above you, love is hovering by

Love is in a rush to

Smear you, smash you, smush you

Love will crush you into mush

When you're the bullseye, you'll get hit by

Young love

Your first, your only love

Love so.. lovely

How can you stand it so

But love?

Leatherhead smiled "Thank you my friend. You are very wise." He said.

Mikey smiled proudly. "Yeah I get that a lot. Anyway I should probably get going. See ya." He said before leaving.

"Goodbye my friend." Leatherhead said as he left to go back to headquarters.