Max..?

((Alice's POV))

        "Indy... Indy look." I poke his arm until he pays attention to me. Indy glares at me, and I admit that is somewhat less threatening now that I can see he is a total freckle face. 

        "What? My friend is dead, you could care a little more, you know." He mutters. Seto and Brice are whispering to each other, not paying attention to Indy and I. 

        "He's not breathing, yeah, but don't you think it's odd he isn't really... damaged?" I ask hesitantly. I think we all have felt Max was a little off for a while, but whatever he is, or was, is tough as fuck. I mean, he should have been crushed, but I don't even see a scratch on his body. 

        "I... I guess..." He reaches out slowly and takes Max's wrist in his hand. He frowns, then starts trying to move Max's fingers. They seem to stiff to move. 

        "That's weird." he admits. Seto and Brice look over at us, but before they can speak up, Max does. (I don't care what anyone else says, I did not scream.) Max's hand loosens, then he sits up, propping himself onto his elbows. He blinks a few times, frowns, then gets tackle- hugged by Indy. 

        "Holy Notch, I thought you were dead! Like, dead dead! Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my-" Indy is cut off when Max puts his hand over his mouth. 

        "My head hurts. I love you, but I don't need you yelling the minute I rise from the dead." Max says  in a tired voice. Indy turns a light shade of pink and Max moves his hand. 

        "Max..?" All three of us look over at Seto and Brice, who both have nervous looks on their faces. Max stands up, trips over a rock, stands up again and dusts off his clothes. 

        "I came back for you guys. Deadlox said I had a choice, I couldn't leave you two behind. Besides, I'm not leaving my only two friends behind." Brice smiles faintly, and Seto looks at the ground. This is getting to sweet and not chaotic. Time to mess up the perfect moment. 

        "What the fuck are you?!" I yell, pushing Max to the side. He stumbles, then grins. 

        "Great to see you, too! And I don't know, so... Dad?" Indy walks over and leans on Max. Ew. Max's parents glance at each other, then Seto clears his throat. 

        "Well, um, you're Max. You're our son, and we love you. As you have guessed by now, you're not really... human. Or, actually, um, how do I..?" He looks at Brice for help, who is very straight forward. 

        "Alive. You're not alive." My dad, who has been quiet for once, makes a little squeaking sound. Seto glares at him. 

        "What?! We wanted a kid, and he's a good kid! We didn't do anything wrong!" Max looks confused and scared. Indy looks confused. I'm just thinking about how Max was able to stay awake for several days and never ran out of energy. 

        "So... what am I..?" Max asks. Indy steps in and says quietly, "We are about twenty meters from the dead body of the rebelion's leader in the middle of the enemy's base can we please talk about this once we are safe?" Seto sighs, then nods. 

        "Yes, sorry. I should have enough reserved energy to at least get us to a safe place outside of the  base." Nearly the moment he finishes speaking, the walls vanish and are replaced by trees, and the ground is replaced by grass. 

        "Fresh air..." Mom whispers. I smile, and move a little way out of the woods. 

        "Wow Seto, you got us pretty far. I can see the castle from here! I hope everyone's alive..." No one says anything, and I turn around to see the adults are looking at me funny. 

        "Oh, right. Max and I had to run for it because the castle turned into a slaughter house." I say simply. Max frowns. 

        "You could have been nicer about that, you know." I shrug, and the grownups start leading us over to the castle. Max and Indy follow first, but I wait until they go to follow as well. I turn around, and see nothing but trees. Maybe the day is finally getting to me, but I feel like we are being watched....

Dear 7 readers...

I LOVE YOU ALLLLLLLLLL!

Sorry about the short chaper, I have a lot on my mind right now. 

I may be bringing this story to a close soon, but maybe I'll get a new idea for some horrible thing to put these for characters through. 

Have a great day, and thanks for reading!