Chapter 14

Shanee has known her best friend Miel almost all her life. They grew up together because their houses were close together.

The agreement to match their respective children was not reached because Miel only had one daughter, so they agreed to match their grandson.

Farah is Miel's favorite granddaughter and she always takes her with her wherever she travels.

As a teenager, Farah was fascinated by Forth. They met when Shanee invited Miel and his family to his wedding anniversary with Vic.

Forth never paid attention to Farah and they only really talked when one day Farah said that he went to the same university as Forth, only in different majors.

Miel always boasts of Farah as a smart medical student and asks Shanee to be willing to match Farah with Forth.

Shanee always said that she would gladly accept Farah to be part of the Jamorhnoom family as long as Forth, whom she loved so much, liked and was willing to marry Farah without being forced.

One week before Shanee said she wanted to meet her children and grandchildren, Miel met Shanee with Farah. She brought a certificate from the doctor and gave it to Shanee.

"What's this, Miel?" Shanee asked confused, after reading the letter Miel handed her.

"I'm dying, Shan. The doctor said I won't be two years old anymore. This damn cancer has spread all over the place in my body."

"Oh, Miel," Shanee said sadly. She hugged her friend. "I'm sorry."

Miel returned Shanee's hug with a smile. "It's okay, Shan. I've lived in this world too long, after all. Right now I have only one wish before I die. I want to see my beloved granddaughter marry your grandson, so that our long-standing plan can be realized before I die."

Shanee smiled and looked at Farah who was blushing. "I'll have to ask my grandson first. That kid is unruly and unpredictable."

"Farah really likes Forth and I think they fit in."

Shanee laughed. "I've always said that my family will welcome Farah with pleasure, if Forth is willing to be with Farah without feeling forced. I want them to like each other without coercion and obligation. I want all my grandchildren to live happily with their respective partners."

"Farah, are you sure you really like Forth?" Miel asked Farah.

The girl nodded, but her face was gloomy.

Shanee patted Farah's arm gently. "Hey, what's wrong? Did Forth hurt or upset you?"

Farah shook her head. "Forth has been nice to me, Grandma, but lately someone's been bothering Forth and trying to get his attention."

"Is that so? Do you know that person?"

Farah's tears flowed slowly. "He's in the same class as me, but we're in different classes."

"He?"

Farah put on a disgusted face. "He's a Casanova, Grandma. He is a playboy, always plays with girls just for one night stand."

"If he's always playing with girls, then why does he approach Forth? My grandson is big and muscled, with tattoos and piercings, he can't look pretty at all," said Shanee with a laugh.

Farah shook her head vigorously. "He wants to toy with Forth or maybe make Forth a sugar daddy. He's even willing to downgrade himself to be gay to get Forth. I hate him. Two of his best friends are gay and I think that rubs off on him because he tried to snare Forth too."

Shanee's face changed when she heard Farah's words, while Farah got even more excited when she saw Shanee's annoyed face.

Miel twitched nervously and tried to signal Farah to stop talking.

"Do you hate gays that much, Farah?" Shanee asked with raised eyebrows.

"Of course, Grandma. They're not normal and their relationship is disgusting. How can a relationship produce offspring when they're a same-sex couple?"

"Many abandoned children can be adopted or because technology is getting more sophisticated, gay couples can also continue to have children through surrogate mothers or IVF."

"Still it's weird," Farah pouted. "To me, they're disgusting and I'm afraid Forth will fall into that damn gay trap. Oops, pardon me, Grandma, but that casanova is very clever and I'm sure he'll do anything to lure Forth. He is leech."

Miel bit her lower lip and looked down.

"Farah, for me, love is love. It doesn't matter what gender people fall in love with each other. Many couples of the opposite sex get divorced and hurt each other after previously loving each other. Different genders are not a guarantee of a lasting relationship. What's wrong with that? Two men love each other, as long as they can maintain their commitment and loyalty?" Shanee said at length.

Miel touched Shanee's arm. "Shan, forgive her. Farah is too young to understand."

"She's mature enough to be able to voice her principles out loud, Miel." Shanee hugged Miel gently.

"What is the name of that boy, Farah?" Shanee asked Farah.

Farah's face lit up. "His name is Beam Baramee, Grandma. You need to get him out of Forth before he destroys Forth with his free lifestyle."

Shanee smiled widely when she saw Grant approach the table where she, Miel, and Farah were sitting.

Grant kissed Shanee on the forehead and gave a wai to Miel and a smile to Farah who looked at her without blinking.

"Farah, this is Grant, Forth's older brother. He has a twin named Wine. They are rarely seen because they are mostly abroad."

Grant winked at Farah and the girl blushed and shy. Not long after, another man, smaller than Grant, very handsome with a typical European face and looking intelligent with black-rimmed glasses framing bright blue eyes, approached them too. He immediately hugged and kissed Shanee's cheek.

"Oh, dear Brandon, I missed you so much," Shanee said.

She turned and reached out to Miel, hugging his best friend who was now in tears. "I'll help with your treatment, Miel. You know, Gary's eldest in-law is a great internal medicine doctor. I'll have her accompany you in your treatment."

Farah holds Shanee's hand. "When can I tell Forth about our engagement, Grandma. I'd love to see Beam Baramee's gay face when I tell him he should stop dreaming of getting Forth."

Shanee smiled gently and squeezed Miel's hand. "I'm sorry, Miel, Farah, but I can't match my beloved grandson to a narrow-minded and rude girl. Forth is an open-minded, free, and forward-looking man. All my grandchildren, my children, my extended family are like that. In the future. , you will find another man who is more suitable for you, dear Farah, but not my grandson."

Miel could only stare at Shanee who then left with Grant and Brandon on either side.

Farah is confused. "Grandma, what does that mean? Am I not betrothed to Forth? But why? What did I do wrong?"

Miel took a deep breath. "I didn't know you were a homophobic, Farah. You rail heavily against any guy who approaches Forth because he's gay. You know, Farah, Shanee's grandson named Grant earlier and the European guy who came in last, they've been two years old married to each other and are now in the process of adopting a war victim child."

Farah gasped and turned deathly pale.

*****