Chapter 3

"No more fights lately?" Beam quipped as he and I entered the room we had chosen.

I am arranges the division of rooms. One room for two people, one medical student, one engineering student, except for the last three rooms which are bigger, occupied by four people a room. Two engineering students, two medical students. Of course I took myself share a room with Beam.

The villagers where we will be hosting the charity event are very friendly and seem happy to have us.

They need the help of engineering students to make irrigation systems that are better than the existing ones, and require vitamin intake, health checks and health education from medical students.

I laughed as I put the bag on the side of the bed. I lay down on the bed. The room is small and there is only one bed in the middle, medium size, two pillows and a blanket.

"You can't forget when you treated me, my pretty Beam?" I asked with a wink.

Beam stood in front of me with his hands on his waist looking around the room. He slapped my thigh. I flinched in surprise. Beam's slapped is quite spicy. "Ouch! What's that for?"

"Don't call me pretty, you brat!"

"But, you are indeed pretty!" I laughed out loud. "Don't you have a mirror?"

Beam groaned. "We both have to sleep in this bed? Why is there only one bed this small?"

I got up from my lying position and sat down. Beam stands between my legs. "It's a rural area, pretty Beam. I'm surprised they even provided us with a room. Our seniors used to sleep in the village hall without a mattress, in groups in their location last year. It's not a five-star hotel as you wish, but it's much better than it should be."

"Forth!" Beam stomped his right foot on the floor. "Stop calling me pretty!"

I laughed harder. "You are such a diva!"

"You're an engineering student, you guys are used to sleeping in the wild, right?"

"Hmm?"

"You sleep in the floor, then. I see almost all engineering students carry sleeping bags."

"What? Ooo ... I don't want to," I answered quickly. "I will sleep in this bed, with you. Don't you dare to kick me out from bed. I will kissed you till you faint if you do that."

"Pervert!" Beam pouted furiously. "This bed is too small for us, Forth. Look at your hulk-sized body, you can rule this bed alone."

"Who said? We can sleep in each other's arms. The good thing is, you won't fall because I'm hugging you, and it will definitely be warmer for both of us. I hear it's very cold here at night."

"You bastard. Who do you want to hug, hm?" Beam hissed annoyed. "Get out of the way! I'm tired too."

I looked at my watch. We still have 2 hours to rest after a long journey from campus to village, before we start our first meeting with village leaders and residents.

I shifted sitting, making room for Beam. He lay down next to me and closed his eyes. I stood up and moved my body to get rid of the aches.

"Hey Babe, I have to meet Phana to prepare for the event this afternoon. There's still 2 hours, you can go to sleep and I'll wake you up later. Would you like me to bring you some snacks?" I asked as I wrapped Beam's legas with blanket.

I had to gulp when I saw his white and smooth thighs and calves. Beam is beautiful. Adorably beautiful. Man, I think this 3 days will torture me. I scrathed my nape while sighed. Phana was right. I have to work hard.

Beam covered his head with a pillow and kicked the blanket I had wrapped around his legs. He groaned into the pillow. To irritated to smack or slap me, I guess.

I laughed amused seeing it. Now he must have sensed I was really annoying and bothering him. My plan is starting to go smoothly. I had to make a deep impression on Beam. He was a man with a unique personality, so I had to lure and ensnare him in an unconventional way.

I walked over to Beam and leaned over the side of the bed and kissed his head gently. Hm, his hair is so fragrant and soft. "I'll go first, Babe. See you in one hours."

I closed the bedroom door with a big smile, as Beam growled into the pillow. He's really really cute.

"Forth!"

I turned and saw Phana approaching me with wide strides. His face was gloomy and his brows knit together.

"Pha? What's wrong with you? Have you missed any of your medical supplies?" I asked grinning.

This perfect master really needs some time to relax, I think.

Phana and I walked together outside the cottage where we were staying. We need to prepare some things for the meeting this afternoon.

"Forth, can I swap roommates with another?" Phana asked in an annoyed tone.

"Hm? Who is your roommate?"

"Mond. He's so... ugh, annoying."

I'm laughing. Mond is a man of large stature but behaves like a naughty and unruly child.

Considering he was Phana's roommate, I dared not imagine what would happen to the two of them in these three days.

I took a booknote from the back pocket of my pants and checked the list of rooms.

Phana peeked over my shoulder. "No one to swap?"

"You could try asking Park, Lam, or Mike." Phana frowned at the names I mentioned. "Or, you can also ask Nega, Dustin, or Lou."

Phanna sighed. "Your other three generals, they're the same as Mond. Lam is worse. I'll freeze to death next to him. The last three names you mentioned, I don't know them too well."

"So?"

"Never mind. Just leave Mond with me. I'll only ask your permission, in case I lose my temper and kill him secretly with one of my drugs."

I laughed out loud at Phana's words. "Mond's skin is hard like elephant skin. You have to inject it right into the heart, because that's the only part that's very soft."

Phana grinned and sat down on the big couch in front of the hut. We started talking about some plans we wanted to do.

I returned to my room half an hour later, because Phana decided to take a nap before the meeting.

I took the time to stop by the logistics room and ask for some biscuits from the girls in charge of managing supplies and food supplies.

Some of them gave me chocolates and cans of drink, touching my arm and winking invitingly. I just smiled. Tsk, those girls can be really dangerous.

I opened the bedroom door and gasped. Beam curled up on the bed shaking, pale face, and watery eyes.

I panicked. "Baby, what's wrong?"

*****