Chapter 18

So apperantly everyone in the builder category is against you. They are totally brainwashed by who shall remain nameless. The... Shank.

You try to reason with the builders.

"Hey... Please let me talk before you kill me?" You slowly say, keeping your distance.

"You got ONE minute!" A buff guy in the front days, obviously disgusted by your presence.

"Ok... I know you guys think I'm trying to betray you. But I'm not! I swear. I have a way for everyone to leave, together. Not just me and Gally." Hopefully that will help.

"Alright. But how do you prove it?"

"Umm... You choose?" You immediately regret saying that. They could cut your hair off, or burn you for all you know. At least if YOU picked if would be less painful. I mean, you could say you have no food for 2 days, or run around the glade 152 times. Very bad choice you just made. No going back now.

"Ok, slinthead. If you can jump over 5 fires in a row, we will believe you. And we won't kill you." The scary guy sternly says.

How you you jump over 5 fires in a row?! You could get killed, or burned! What if the fires are big. Oh gosh, everyone's gonna watch you fail and die. GALLY! What about him! He's gonna flip out! But it's either this or get killed by the builders themselves. It's a sacrifice you're willing to make. For the sake of everyone. Please, you whisper to yourself, please, don't die.

"Deal."

It was only an hour before Gally found out the news. He was furious.

"Let me do it for you!" He begged.

"They want me to do it. I'm small and weak. You're... You. Huge and strong. You would only have a little difficulty doing it." You explain.

"There has to be another way." He says.

"It's either this, or both of us being killed. Take your pick." This was serious.

"I... I don't want to live without you!"

"Look, I know it's hard. But if you help me, maybe I can do it. Then we will live, and follow through on our plan. Gally, you understand?" You look deep into his eyes, longing to stay there forever. You wraps his arms around you. You want to stay in his arms forever.

"So... Maybe we can start training tomorrow." He smirks. "We should have today to... Um..."

"So we can have each other while it lasts." You finish his sentence.

"No! You will live." He reassures you.

"Yep. And then we live happily ever after. I guess." You say.

"I bet Teresa has another jolly plan in store for us."

"Don't even MENTION it..." You groan.

"Well, let's live in the moment. Wanna... Go... Inside?" He hints.

"You know it."

Later that night, you felt as hopeless yet hopeful all at once. That's just how it is with Gally. All these different colors of emotion intertwined with each other.

You can guess what happened that night.

EW NO! Not that. You sly fox. But nice try.

It was simply a night of warm cuddling and kissing. But you know, anything can happen when you get away from the glade.