Chapter 1

You wake up in unfamiliar surroundings. There about 50 boys surrounding you. "Where am I?" You gasp. "I'm newt." Says a boy with golden hair. "You're in the glade."

"What is this place?" You ask newt, as he helps you step out of a box you came out of.

He explains about how no one knows, the rules, and the maze. "You were knocked out when we found you on the box. Since you won't know your name for awhile, you're greenie or greenbean for now."

You think about why you were sent here and why there are no other females.

You go out into the hot field of the glade, and you already brake a sweat. You go up to a group of 4 nice looking boys who are working.

"So, I guess I'm greenie. What can I do to help out?"

You notice one boy inpeticular who is staring at you, with green eyes and a serious face. He looks like maybe he holds something against you. Maybe it has something to do with you being to only girl? You'll find out eventually. He'll have to at least tolerate you, you're both trapped here for crying out loud. You decide to ask him for a job. Maybe he will like you better once he knows you're willing to do your part.

"I'm Thomas," says one. "The previous greenie. That's chuck, Minho, and gally."

You glance at gally, who is still staring and wondering about you. In the back ground you hear a faint voice yell,"klunk! You shuck face!" And you hear a loud Thump. Behind you you see a dark boy making food. He must of had an accident.
"That's frypan." Thomas adds. "And there are alot more." You return to the five boys and you are still yet adjusting to all this.

"Nice to meet you all. So... Gally? What can I do to help?"

For the first time he says something, in a tough voice he orders, "well, greenie. You can help me gather some wood for the fire tonight. Lets go into the forest. And if you slack off that makes you a shank. We don't tolerate slackers."

"Alright."

You have no idea what to say as you trudge into the Woods with gally, or mr. Order. You're kind of nervous... You don't know if he likes you or not. And you don't even know if your strong. At least he's cute. You wouldn't mind being here with him after all. And he eyebrows are on fleek.

"Are we ever getting out of this place?" You question gally.

"I don't know. But I do know every day when the doors open, runners go into the maze to figure it out."

"Can I be a runner?"

"We'll, greenie. You Better take it one day at a time."

You both settle at a tree, and chop it down. The wood chips fly into your hair. Then it starts to drizzle. You both stare into each others eyes while the rain drizzles down both your faces. "We'll, greenie. We better get this wood back."
Crap! You really wanted to go to the fire to get to know the other gladers. You definatly want more information. Oh well, you'll have plenty more chances. "Man, it's really pouring!" Gally says. Because your both carrying the damp log, he has one free hand.
He puts his arm around you. "You're freezing greenie!" He states. "No dip." For the first time today he smiles. Guess you're on his good side after all.
"How long does it take to get back?" You ask him. You're arm is starting to hurt. Ugh, were you always this weak? Besides, who were you before anyway?
An dragon slayer?
An artist?
A hair dresser?
A scientist?
A liar who tells people who convinces people aliens are invading the planet?
Were you even human?
Wait, you'd have to be human. DUH.
"Not sure." He responds.
"We should take a brake, though." He adds.
"Ok"
You think, oh great. We have to sit on the wet ground. But Gally drops the old log on the soggy ground. Thump! He gestures for you to sit on it. "Oh la la," you joke. "The special treatment." Gally smirks and automatically goes back to a straight face. You both sit on the log.
He touches your hand. "Geez, greenie. You're hands are freezing!"
He grasps your hand tight. You get a fuzzy feeling inside. Is it hot in here or is it just you?
Yep. Just you. It's raining, after all.
You look up at the above. What is it called? Why is it so gloomy?
That's right! The sky! And the clouds! It's pretty amazing how one thing can be so beautiful and so dreary at different times. Its kind of like people, if you think of it. Clouds are people. Pretty wacky.
The rain stops. The sky is no longer dreary or gloomy, it's bright. The sun it's waiting to push its way in front of the clouds. Woah! It's like, the gladers are the people and you are the sun, trying to figure them out! Way wacky!
Gally breaks the silence. " you know, greenie, I really have no idea where we are."
"I figured as much," you say. "But we'll find our way back."
"We better get started. Wouldn't want to make us miss dinner."
He grasps his side of the log. Man, this guy is strong. He's so orderly, the way he walks. You'd Love to see him run the maze any day. Wait, what?
"Look, Gally! There's the exit! Only a little further!"
Ugh, he starts jogging! Why?! But, you can't wait to see newt. He looks like he could be a good friend to you.
This whole thing is so strange. You can hardly believe its actually real, not just a dream. No waking up and "oh, glad that's over." Or "oh, I'm so glad that was a dream!"
No.
This is real.