Not the Most Ideal Place to Host a Party

ahaha, remember when I said no more angst for the rest of the year? 

this is light stuff I PROMISE LMAO

-

Bdubs hummed along to the Christmas music playing through his speakers as he danced around the living room, making some adjustments to the decorations and pulling out gifts, and positioning them under the tree. Doc was out buying some last-minute ingredients that had slipped their minds, but once he was back they were going to bake together before the guests arrived. They had offered to host a party so Keralis could take a break for once, and he was more than excited.

Making his way back into the kitchen, he softly sang along as he pulled out the bowls, measuring cups, and other items. As he twirled the wooden spoon in his hand, his phone buzzed in his back pocket.

He assumed it was Doc, but much to his surprise, it was someone else.

"Hello!" He cheerfully greeted. "What's up Cub?"

"Hi Bdubs I um, I'm sorry to tell you this on Christmas but uh, he was... Doc was in an accident. I'm at the hospital right now with him. I was called in on a last-minute shift."

The spoon slipped from his hand, clattering against the hardwood floor. His phone would've fallen too if the noise hadn't startled him. "I- wh- Is he okay?!" Bdubs switched off the music and hurried around the apartment, grabbing a coat and throwing a bag together for him and Doc.

"He's been in and out of consciousness, but besides that, he should be alright."

After a brief conversation with Cub, he hung up only to immediately call Keralis.

-

Sighing, Bdubs slumped into a chair in the hallway. Doc's door was right there but he wasn't allowed in until Cub came by. He pushed up his bandana and leaned his head back.

Don't cry, he's fine. Doc is fine.

He squeezed his eyes shut, wiping the tears forming out of the corners.

"Bdubs?"

Eyes flying open, he found a familiar face standing in front of him, looking the most concerned he had ever seen him.

"Scar? Why're you here?" He asked as his friend sat down beside him.

"I was just visiting my dad since he couldn't get off work today. Why are you here?"

The tears returned and he pursed his lips. "Doc he- I-" he swallowed, trying to compose himself. "He was just crossing the street, and a car- he was- he's okay but- I-I don't-"

As he stumbled over his words whilst fighting back a violent sob, Scar pulled him into a tight hug. "Hey, hey, take a deep breath," he whispered.

Bdubs took a shaky breath and closed his eyes.

"I'm sure he'll be okay! Don't worry." Pulling back, Scar held his shoulders and gave a warm smile.

"You're right, he's okay, I'm okay," he whispered, slowly nodding.

"Do you need anything? Hot cocoa, coffee, a cookie, more hugs?" He offered, making him lightly laugh.

He took Scar's hands off his shoulders to squeeze them. "Thank you, but I think I'll be alright for now," he assured Scar.

Nodding, he gave his hands a final squeeze before letting go. "Alright, but you just let me know. I'll be around, okay?"

After ruffling his hair, Scar made his way down the hallway, leaving him alone. He sighed once more, although he did feel a little better.