Chapter 3: What can you do?

Chapter 3- What can you do?

In a monitoring room many of the UA staff were commenting on the results of the exam. The topics of interest were the top two on the leaderboard. In second place was a boy who managed 77 villain points, but not a single rescue point. That kind of combative ability demanded praise. The other was the number one winner, the one who managed 118 points total, Izuku Midoriya, the boy with the incredible monster quirk.

Destroying a zero-pointer wasn't unheard of, but seeing it go down in a mess of ice, fire, and high winds was new. The most baffling part is that there could be more. They only saw three of the boy's monsters, but already some got it in their minds that there were more of these monsters. Just what was the limit?

That question in particular excited one of them to the point he began to laugh in wonder like a child who got to pick a new toy. On the other hand one particularly tired looking man stared at the screen. All the while he could already feel the headaches from the trouble the boy could cause.

*A day later...*

In Aldera Junior High congratulations were being given in a teachers office to both Bakugo and Midoriya."It's incredible to think that not one, but two students from our school are heading off to UA! Then again I suppose it shouldn't be much of a surprise for the two of you."

The two students stood next to each other, Bakugo was relaxed while Midoriya was clearly nervous. They had both pulled off something amazing, but one of them still felt cheated.

When they had both gotten outside Bakugo slammed the other boy to the wall and grabbed him by the collar. "Dammit Deku! Do you have any idea what you just did?! I was supposed to be number one, but you used those stupid "rescue points" to get ahead"! It was clear that Bakugo didn't care for those, and if anything was treating them like some way to cheat.

He stopped yelling though when Izuku grabbed his arms. "Kacchan, you said it best. You can't stop me." His voice was determined, and even though his eyes were shaky they were filled with the same conviction. "And it doesn't matter what spot I got. I'm going, and I'll make it through whether you want me to or not."

In this moment Izuku was trying his hardest to take what his friends had told him to heart. This was his moment to stand up for himself. He wouldn't let himself be as extreme as Guilmon would like, but he was doing his best. And as the moment came it felt as if it had gone by in a flash. Bakugo seemed to have lost interest, or maybe he was too irritated to respond, or maybe it was both. Either way Izuku was proud, and his friends even more so.

*A few days later...*

It was now April, and the first day of school at UA. Izuku was currently tying his shoes in preparation to head out.

His mother was right behind, and was busy being his mother. "Izuku. Do you have everything?"

Izuku responded with a nod. "Yeah I do."

Inko was still gonna make extra sure. "Are you sure? You didn't just pack action figures right?"

That comment made Guilmon, Veemon, and Impmon snicker.

Izuku looked up to his mother. "I have everything" He then began to get up, grabbing his back pack as he did "Now I gotta go. I don't want to be late."

Inko then called to him. Izuku groaned as he turned to see what it was. Inko's face was serious, it seemed what she was about to say was important. "Make sure your friends really keep quiet. This is special and I know how badly you want this."

Izuku was a little shocked, and then he felt his phone buzz. He took it out of his pocket and the voice that came out was Dorumon's. "Don't worry mam, we know what you mean. Rest assured that we're gonna help Izuku because he isn't the only one who wants this." This was something the others could agree with. Years with Izuku had given them all the same want to help people.