Chapter 14: Lightning to Stoke the Flames

Bakugo watched as Uraraka was taken away by two medic bots.

In the stands, many of Urarak's classmates looked saddened by the results.

The girl had tried so hard and still, it was all fruitless.

Izuku stood up and walked away. His fight would be coming soon and he couldn't get distracted.

His friends watched him leave without a word.

Iida hesitated to speak for a moment. "Bakugo truly is powerful. I can see why Midoriya looks threatened by him."

Tokoyami nodded. "And he may be the one I face in the semifinals."

Yaoyorozu looked down. 'They're all so capable. It's incredible. I need to try harder.' The gap had only become more apparent, but she knew she couldn't give up.

Izuku was making his way to his waiting room. His mind was focused on Bakugo and Todoroki. In his mind, they were forces of power. He couldn't afford to hesitate. His focus was broken though when he saw the explosive blond. "Ah. Hey, Kacchan."

Bakugo of course got mad at the sight of Deku. "What the hell are you doing here?"

Izuku answered not wanting a confrontation. "Well since my match is up I thought I'd go to the waiting room. Congrats on winning. Bye now."

Bakugo wouldn't just let him walk away. He had questions. "It was your idea, wasn't it? That stupid desperate plan of hers You would come up with something that annoying. If we end up-"

Izuku then cut Bakugo off. "No. That plan had nothing to do with me. Uraraka came up with it all on her own, I didn't know anything about it. If that battle was harder than you thought it would be, then it's because of her strategy, not mine. I'm not the only one to look out for Bakugo. I hope you see that now." Izuku then walked away.

Bakugo was left angrier. Nothing was going as it was supposed to. His opponent was supposed to be frail and easy to beat, but after that fight, that word no longer applied.

Izuku then made it to his waiting room and when he opened the door he saw Uraraka. "Uraraka?"

Uraraka gave Izuku a big smile. "Hey, Midoriya. It looks like I lost. Too bad."

Izuku was confused by the sight. She was taking the loss better than he had expected.

Uraraka then kept talking. "Guess I got a little carried away at the end thinking that I could still make it. Dang it!"

Izuku then closed the door and approached. "You seem fine. Did Recovery Girl heal you?"

Uraraka then pointed at the pad on her cheek. "Yeah. She was careful not to drain my stamina too much though. So, I've still got a few scrapes and scratches." She then became visibly frustrated. "Jeez, I didn't realize how powerful Bakugo was! I didn't stand a chance! Now I realize how much I have to catch up on!"

Izuku then became unsure of something. "Are you sure you're alright?"

Uraraka then smiled again. "I'm better than I expected! Even if you lost you gotta keep looking to what's ahead, right? This just means that I have to work harder now."

Izuku wouldn't disagree, but Uraraka didn't just lose she was demolished. "That's true..."

Before he could say anything else Present Mic's voice boomed announcing Kirishima's advancement and that the next round would start.

This conversation would have to wait. "Right. I'll talk to you later." Izuku then began to walk to the door.

Uraraka then apologized. "Oh, I'm sorry. You weren't able to prepare since I was here!"