Chapter 9: Who we Meet and Who we Become

In a nearly empty room the sound of typing rang constantly, as the lights of the monitor showed the progress of each press.

Izuku was sitting alone in his room typing away experimenting with a new program he had thought up.

Today was the second day after the USJ incident. Since UA had suspended classes for two days Izuku decided to use the second to be a little productive.

To him that meant looking to the future, continuously going through possible plans he had thought up in the past few months, and almost skipping breakfast until his knights yelled at him.

Now that he had settled on what he wanted to make he was going through the motions of something similar he had done about a week ago.

Within the monitor Izuku's knight's looked at the expanding code curiously.

Impmon was the first. "Hey Izuku, what are you doing?"

Izuku answered quickly to not lose focus. "I did this once so I'll do it again."

Impmon was understandably unsatisfied by that answer.

Agumon was impressed by how fast the program was being made. "Well whatever you did once sure looks impressive."

The one who looked the most bothered seemed to be Dorumon. He seemed to genuinely struggle to understand what he was looking at. "Ok, I give up. What the hell is he writing?"

Gabumon shrugged in response. "We won't really know until it's done."

Veemon scratched the back of his head. "If only he'd snap out of his trance and tell us."

Guilmon didn't have anything to say. He was looking, but he wasn't watching. He was thinking about everything that had happened. About the USJ, his inability to do anything, and the Royal Knights that showed unbelievable power. It filled him with a shadow of doubt. Could he ever be that strong? What if he couldn't? What if he'd fail as a knight?

Both Izuku and Guilmon were snapped out of their respective trances when a knock at the door echoed and Inko's voice was heard "Izuku?"

Izuku turned to look at the door. "Yeah?"

The door then opened enough for Inko to take a step inside. "Lunch time. Your food's getting cold."

Agumon then got up excitedly. "Yay! Lunch time!"

Gabumon then reigned him in. "Don't get too excited since it's not our turn."

That's when Veemon got up with a smile. "Alright. Time to eat up."

Izuku gave his mother a smile. We'll be right there. "Thanks, Mom. We'll be right down."

The two would then proceed down to the dinning room to have a well cooked meal.

The day was filled with it's own questions, but time to relax was running out. Once the sun rose again it would be time to get back to work. still Izuku would devote the rest of the day to finishing his new project.

A storm had come and he wasn't ready, but next time he'll be prepared to traverse it.

*The next day...*

Izuku had gone too far and he could feel it. On his way to school he had gotten as much sleep as possible on the train, but that didn't erase the fact that he ruined his sleep schedule. Everyone warned him, he ignored them, so now he deals with the consequences of his actions.

Now he was sitting at his desk with the rest of the class looking down unfocused. If something didn't grab his attention then he'd definitely fall asleep right there.