Chapter 16: Fame and Opportunity

Izuku was on the train wearing his school uniform a mix of excitement and worry. After the Sports Festival, his mom had practically cooked up a feast, not just for the two of them. It wasn't just one man's victory after all. Before he had gone to bed, everyone talked about the celebration they had planned a week before and decided that it was best to hold off on it. Without Iida, it wouldn't have been worth it. The reason he was worried oddly enough wasn't that he was going to a girl's house but rather because of Iida. News had gotten out that a villain called The Hero Killer had attacked and most likely crippled the hero Ingenium, Iida's older brother. That's why Izuku worried. He wanted to celebrate with all his friends and without Iida, he felt like there might be a vacuum and he wasn't alone in that.

He was then snapped out of his thoughts when he felt something tug on his pants. When he looked down he was very confused at what he saw. A small girl who couldn't be older than nine had short brown hair and wore a pale yellow sleeves shirt, a pale pink neckerchief, and hot-pink pants.

When she spoke her voice was gentle and polite. "Excuse me, sir."

Izuku was still confused but he was worried for the girl since he didn't see anyone who could be her parent. "Uh, yeah? What do you need?"

The girl gave him this almost blank look while asking her question. "Are you that guy from TV yesterday?"

Izuku wasn't expecting that. The Sports Festival was a live broadcast so this should have been expected. "Uh, yeah. I'm Izuku Midoriya." He gave the best smile he could though he couldn't exactly hide how nervous he was.

The girl then smiled gently. "You were really cool and all your friends did amazing."

Izuku was shocked to hear that. Not the compliment toward him but that a stranger called the Knights his friends. No one has ever done that. "Th-hanks we-"

"Kari!" A more masculine voice called out.

Both the girl and Izuku turned to the voice and saw a boy with spiky brown hair. He wore a pair of goggles on a blue headband, a blue T-shirt over another yellow shirt, brown cargo shorts, a black armband on his left arm, and white gloves.

Kari smiled again then gestured to Izuku. "Tai, look."

Tai then turned to Izuku and realization spread across his face. "Wait, you're the guy from the Sports Festival!"

That statement immediately drew eyes.

Tai then continued excitedly. "Your quirk is super cool! I honestly thought you were gonna win."

That's when a stranger spoke up. "Hey, you're Izuku Midoriya! Those Royal Knights were absolute monsters."

Another stranger then came up. "Yeah! With them, I bet you're gonna be an awesome hero. My favorite was Omegamon."

"He did make it to the top three."

"I rooted for you! Magnamon at the end was so cool!"

Swarms of compliments continued to be sent Izuku's way and while it did make him feel good it was something that made him nervous. That's the reason he was so thankful to finally leave the train. He really appreciated it and knew he wasn't the only one who got a confidence boost. Still, though the dermis of the rain didn't give way to much positivity.

Izuku walked through said rain umbrella in hand. He then reached for his pocket. Turning it on he gave a smile. "So, Guilmon, Veemon, you two excited for your first day on security?"

Veemon was the first to answer since he was excited. "Heck yeah, I am! Now I don't have to sit there in your phone for the rest of the day."

Guilmon followed with a nervous smile. "Hehe yeah. It should be fun." Remembering the trouble setting up their little speech at the Sports Festival filled him with a level of dread. Dorumon wasn't the best with technology and Omegamon was still half Agumon. He only hoped that Veemon would balance things out.