Chapter 15: My Light

Izuku sat alone in a waiting room looking down contemplative at the Digivice. This next match was a heavy one. A fight he knows has been a long time coming. So many ideas cycled through his mind, but every approach he could think of felt wrong.

That was until the door was kicked open by a slightly surprised Bakugo.

The two boys looked at each other confused

The Bakugo became visibly aggravated by the sight. "What the hell are you doing here, Deku?! This is my space to- Crap! This is waiting room number two?!" He had quickly realized his blunder.

Izuku was still very confused. It seemed Bakugo got turned around that hardly happens. It seemed Izuku wasn't the only one who felt off.

Bakugo was ticked that he wasn't getting a response. Regardless of that though this was an opportunity. "Deku. I'm only gonna say this once so listen up!"

That definitely snapped Izuku out of his thoughts.

Bakugo continued. "I expect you not to hold back, got it?! I expect you to use those two guys from before and the one you used to beat icy-hot back there! Maybe use the other two, even if they'll add nothing. I don't want anyone to argue that I couldn't beat you at your best!" With that, he walked out ready to show the world what a champion looked like.

Izuku let out a breath nervous yet determined to do what he has to. He puts on the Digivice hoping that someone anyone would take him from his thoughts again.

A portrait appears in the Digivices interface. The Knight shown had a very important request to make.

The students of 1-A sat anxiously. Bakugo and Midoriya. Putting down their pride they had to admit that they were the strongest members of their class.

Uraraka was getting really anxious. "This wait is driving me crazy!"

Yaoyorozu let out a breath. "Yes. I suppose that helps to excite the audience."

Kirishima then broke into the conversation from the seats behind the two. "Hey, who do you guys think Midoriya's gonna use? Do you think he'll use the same fire guy from the first day of hero training?"

Yaoyorozu thought on that. "Well, Flamedramon is resilient against Bakugo's quirk he may not be used due to his lack of a way to defeat Bakugo."

Tokoyami nodded. "He may use a Royal Knight for a guaranteed victory. Most likely the well-balanced Omegamon."

Asui almost agreed. "Yeah but the guy from Todoroki's match looked more defensive."

Kaminari let out a defeated sigh. "Man, everyone's gonna be talking about Midoriya for a while."

Jiro looked at Kaminari with a sly smile. "So much for being the most popular boy in class.

Kaminari only seemed more defeated. "I know..."

The four fire cauldrons around the arena then light up signaling the entrance of the match.

And so did Present Mic. "Welcome to the final battle of the UA High School Sports Festival! In just a moment here, we'll see which first years come out on top! Yes, it all comes down to this, folks! From the hero course, you've been rooting for, the one who refuses to stop rising, Izuku Midoriya! Versus his classmate, the explosive dynamo, Katsuki Bakugo!"

The crowd's cheers came alive. This was the culmination of the festival.

Present Mic then gave them everything they wanted. "Now begin!"

Izuku let out his chosen Knight. "Flamedramon!" In a flash of light, the chosen Knight appeared in front of him.

1-A was confused; Aizawa was confused; Bakugo was confused and very angry.