Chapter 5: The Coming Storm

Relief spread through the room, as both Izuku and Gabumon fell next to the fake weapon. The Hero team had won the training exercise, and they did it with some flair.

While the others had distracted Iida, Uraraka threw Gabumon at the bomb to keep Iida away and allow Izuku to capture it.

Izuku was drawing heavy breaths, but he smiled. "We did it."

Impmon raised a fist in the air with delight. "Yeah we did!"

Uraraka had her own smile. "You know since all of your monsters look so cute I thought they wouldn't work very well, but they all pulled through."

Uraraka's praise didn't fail to inflate Impmon's already huge head. "Heheh, yeah we are pretty awesome."

Guilmon rolled his eyes.

Iida was slightly discouraged from having lost, but still kept his composure, and walked to Izuku. He then offered a hand, which Izuku took. "Well done Midoriya. It seems that my arrogance was my downfall, and for that I must once more congratulate you for being the superior student.

Izuku put his hands up defensively and began to stammer again. "No, Iida you did great I just-well-uhm."

Dorumon then walked up to them, and finished Izuku's sentence. "The sheer variety of power we have makes it impossible to predict the next move."

Iida then notices something important. "Midoriya are you ok? I can't imagine having five or six out is allowing you to keep much energy."

Izuku gave a dry chuckle, as he scratched the back of his head. "It'll be fine, I'm already used to it, and-" Wait. Five of six? No, that's not right.

That's when realization hit Izuku like a bag of bricks. Everyone could see it, as his eyes widened. He then placed a finger onto his ear piece. "Veemon! Can you hear me?! What happened?! Veemon?!"

The room was quite all there was in this destroyed area was the silence, as the two stared at each other.

Bakugo hadn't said anything for a while, he just stared blankly.

Veemon still had that determined look, but he was starting to get really tired. He could hear Izuku's voice calling to him, so he tried to respond. "Hey...Izuku...? I'm on the same floor you left me on...near the giant hole in the wall, you can't miss it. Izuku...could you come pick me up? I'm tired."

Only a few minutes later the running steps of several people could be heard, as the room was then filled by Izuku, Uraraka, Iida, and everyone else.

Izuku rushed passed Bakugo to Veemon, and the other digital monsters did the same. "Veemon!"

Izuku got on his knees, and picked up Veemon into his arms.

Veemon gave a small smile to Izuku. "You made it. You know that thing you gave me really works, but I couldn't beat him, sorry." He revealed that the mysterious object was still close to his chest.

Izuku shook his head, as tears began to well up. "Don't apologize. You did amazing. We won because of you."

The others nodded, and Guilmon spoke. "If it wasn't for you then things would have been messier, so don't beat yourself up over this."

Impmon, the only one who didn't nod, then said something surprising. "Besides you fought Bakugo, and that takes some serious guts. On top of that you made it through this." He then gestured to the surrounding area. "I'd say that's pretty awesome."

Veemon then turned his head to Impmon. "I'm sure you would have done better though."

Impmon folded his arms, and turned his head. "I'm not gonna repeat myself."