Chapter 11: Rising

Chapter 11: Rising

Night had dawned and many were sleeping peacefully. Even in the Midoriya household.

Izuku was resting his body for the day to come and even his knights were "sleeping".

Knights were able to enter a state of rest to wait out time or heal damage.

Gabumon was sleeping on top of Agumon and Veemon and Impmon were using the two as pillows.

Still there was one of them who couldn't sleep.

Guilmon looked out to the void of this empty section of cyberspace. Even after almost two weeks his mind could only focus on what he now knew resided within him.

A voice then caught Guilmon's attention. "Can't sleep, huh?"

Guilmon turned around to see Dorumon walking up to him.

Once Dorumon made it to Guilmon he then sat down next to him. "What are you thinking about?"

Guilmon should have expected Dorumon to be direct, but his mind was too focused on something else. "About what I am."

Dorumon pretended like he didn't understand. "A knight?"

Guilmon knew what Dorumon was doing. "Dorumon, you know how we work."

Dorumon nodded. "That's right, I do. We are made using a special coding language made by Izuku and what would be called our "core processor" is a single line of code called the Code of Life or the CoL. It's capable of rearranging and adding new parts to us. It's what enables digivolution."

Guilmon nodded. "Yeah. and mine? It put something there that shouldn't exist."

Dorumon understood. "The Digital Hazard?"

Guilmon nodded. "Izuku said it's like a localized virus that reacts to my mental state. Similar to the CoL. He said the virus' prime directive is to take over. My anger made a monster." He was sad to say it, but it was the truth. If it wasn't for his envy then this wouldn't have happened.

Dorumon wouldn't let Guilmon talk like that. "So what?"

Guilmon was confused by that. ""So what"? What does that mean? I've doomed myself and if I'm not careful then I'll hurt everyone. You became a Royal Knight I became a beast."

Dorumon had a new question. "Do you know how I became a Royal Knight?"

Guilmon was caught off guard by that. "Of course not."

Dorumon offered his thoughts. "If I'm being honest I'm not completely sure myself. Still when I chose to fight in that moment knowing others had my back it felt like I was fighting against a darkness inside of me, but there was more than that. My blade of light wasn't a sign that I had destroyed it, but rather it meant that I could shine regardless of it. What I'm trying to say is that you can overcome this. You just need to find your answer."

Guilmon didn't have a response. Dorumon couldn't give him the answers he wanted, but he gave him what he could. "Thank you Dorumon."

Dorumon now had to do what he had to. "You're welcome. Now go to sleep."

*The next day...*

UA was filled with energy like the rising sun as people from all over came to see the Sports Festival. Many heroes had also come, some came to scout for potential sidekicks and others were working security.

Now though the students were still preparing.

In Class 1-A's waiting room one voice spoke with disappointment that voice came from Ashido. "Aw, man. I was hoping I could catch the crowd's attention by wearing my costume" She looked down at her gym uniform disappointed.