Chapter 4: Igniting the Flames of Courage and Battle

Today would be the second day of UA' first semester, and Izuku almost missed the first bell. He was busy bringing the stuff he thought he would need today since it was special. The school still had many of the basic classes like English, Mathematics, Modern Literature, and Modern Hero Art History. They meet in the morning.

Now it was lunch time. The food was cheap, but delicious since it was made by the Cooking Hero: Lunch Rush.

Izuku sat at a table with Uraraka, and Iida on the other side. Tokoyami would be sitting next to Izuku, but in between them sat Agumon who was currently stuffing his face with food.

The only one who looked concerned about this seemed to be Iida. He coughed into the side of his fist to grab everyone's attention. "Excuse me Midoriya, but are you sure you can afford to allow one of your creatures to be out. If I recall you told me yesterday that using your quirk for too long makes you tired."

The other two students sitting at the table stopped eating for a moment, they were curious too.

Izuku knew the question would come up at some point, so it was a little easier for him to answer. "Well that's because when they materialize the energy they have comes from me. That means they don't really need to eat, but when they do I get a ton of the stuff they should, so it's kind of like giving back what I gave them." Izuku then gestured to how his tray didn't have much food, but Agumon's had lots. "That's why it looks like he's eating for two."

Agumon then stopped eating for a moment, and looked at Iida. "Also we have names to remember. We aren't just some "creatures'."

Iida then straightened at the realization. How could he be so rude? He was there when Midoriya explained to Tokoyami that his monsters are sentient! He couldn't let this stand! "I am incredibly sorry." He bowed as much as he could without hitting the table. "I had no intention to be so disrespectful. Please allow me to know your name, so that I may not make the same mistake twice."

Agumon was now in an awkward position. He wasn't really expecting that reaction. "Uhm, it's ok. My name is Agumon. Nice to meet you."

Uraraka then came into the conversation. "Oh hey, isn't that what you yelled out when you started transforming? You also yelled out something else when you were done."

Tokoyami then finished the girls' thought. "WarGreymon. A title that translates to Ancient War mon."

Izuku was a little surprised by Tokoyami's analysis. It looks like he did his research. "Yeah, that's right. And the transformation is something we call digivolving. It's short for digital evolution."

Iida nodded in fascination. Midoriya's Quirk was certainly interesting. "Interesting. Your Quirk is something to behold. The sheer complexity is almost baffling."

Izuku gave a dry chuckle to that. While he did love his Quirk he never really learnt to get used to people talking about it. Mainly because a lot of people didn't want to see his friends like they were individuals.

Uraraka then came fourth with her own curiosity. "Hey Midoriya, you said you have six monsters right? Well what are the rest of them called?" If Agumon liked to be referred to by name then it would make sense the rest would too.

Instead of Izuku though Agumon stepped fourth to answer. "Oh that's an easy question." He then went down the list. "The big red dragon who helped you in the entrance exam is Dorumon, he's kinda like the big brother; the wolf guy is Gabumon, out of everyone he's my best buddy; there's also Guilmon, he's fun but he has a bit of a temper. There's also Veemon, he's nice, and really hard working, and finally there's Impmon, he's a troublemaker, but he is really funny sometimes."