More Than Special (Arisa Ichigaya x Male Reader)

As (Y/N) stands in front of the school gates of the all-girls school, Hanasakigawa, he sighs.

Sighing over the disappointment and guilt he feels that has been haunting him ever since he screwed up with what he said to his friend.

This friend is very special to him, he has known her for quite some time ever since he had helped at the pawnshop her family runs, the Ichigaya family.

Yes, Arisa Ichigaya, Poppin'Party's skillful keyboardist, is indeed his very special friend.

However, (Y/N) got to know about her way before Poppin'Party begun taking root, so he knows about her longer than even Kasumi Toyama, the vocalist of the band, though not as long as Tae Hanazono, the guitarist of the band.

Alas, now he is here, afraid of what she might say seeing him here.

He is hesitating, but he isn't going to back down now, because he isn't losing his special friend.

Still waiting, he is anticipating the school bell to ring, while he begins thinking back to what he said that day that made Arisa angry at him.

While she has always been the person to not be able to express herself too well, and often comes off as a sour person, she still has her heart in the right place.

(Y/N) however had a bad day that day, and tried his best to remain with his chin up, but soon enough, he got mad at Arisa himself because of her not really helping and just telling him that he shouldn't give up so easily no matter if it's a bad day or not.

He didn't take it too lightly and told her she doesn't even help with trying to have him cheer up, which made Arisa also get angry back at him, her saying that if he doesn't need any advice for once, he is perhaps better off without her.

He remembers how Arisa actually looked hurt that she didn't do well with being a little nicer for once, so she probably got frustrated at herself in the moment, which made her also lash out on (Y/N).

"Then go away if I am such a mean person!" Arisa yelled at her as (Y/N) did not hesitate to leave her home to go back to his own house, disgruntled over what had happened.

He sat in his room for the rest of the day, getting a little more sense back in his mind and began thinking about what a regretful thing he had just done; Arisa had gotten hurt because of him, and he could not forgive himself for that.

Because why should he lose someone as dear as Arisa, when she actually was the one who helped him more than she could've imagined. She was his very first real friend, and after that, they have been sticking together.

Even if she nowadays is more busy with both school and playing in the band, the two find some time to hang out and talk about their days and other things.

(Y/N) doesn't want those days to just fade away as mere memories, he will get Arisa back as his greatest and most special friend.

"Huh, I thought you had left me behind completely." someone familiar suddenly says as (Y/N) turns to the voice source, and it turns out to be Arisa, who must've seen him outside and decided to head out. "I am meant to be in class, but I excused myself and now here I am."

Arisa looks at (Y/N) as he looks back at her, before they both fiddle around a little, unsure what to say next, before both sighing.

"So, I wanted to say sorry, Arisa." (Y/N) begins as he looks at her in her eyes. "Like, super sorry I got mad at you when you just tried cheering me up, in your own way that is."

"You know... I am sorry as well, for even getting mad at you to begin with." Arisa soon replies as her expression gets sadder. "I just regret a lot having lashed out on you when you clearly had a bad day. You are often so positive of you, so it felt so new and strange seeing you sad."