Enigmatic Feeling ( Himari x Male Reader )

I stretched out as I laid down on the grass hill, a yawn escaping my lips. As I bathed in the sun’s gentle warmth, I looked out at the horizon in front of me without any particular reason. The silhouettes of buildings large and small had an almost picturesque view. I’ve never really had any passion for anything, so unlike other people in my school whom I see always working so hard at what they love. Instead I spend my days doing whatever catches my interest at the moment. I always love to just sit and enjoy wonderful views, but beyond that I don’t really go out of my way to do anything. Still, while all these other people chase after their dreams, I laze around with a resigned belief that in the future I’ll just get a desk job or something like that. As I stared out at the view in front of me with the sun behind me, I soon felt my eyelids become heavier as I fell asleep.

I awoke to the sounds of a group of people who said, “Come on, we got to get to the Live House before it starts!”

I was still a bit groggy, but I was curious as to where they were going, so in the end, I decided to follow them. My body was a bit stiff after falling asleep where I did, but my body began to become limber again after walking for a little bit. Soon enough that crowd of people turned and I saw that in front of me was a building with a sign that said the place was called Live House CiRCLE. I walked up front and heard people mentioning that a band called Afterglow was going to have a concert in a couple of minutes. Since I don’t really have anything to do, I figured that I may as well check them out.

I headed to the counter and after talking to the woman at the counter and paying for my ticket, I followed along with the flow of people, assuming that they were heading to the concert. Soon enough I saw that in front of me was a crowd of people in front of a stage. The room was dim except for lights on the stage showing a drum, a bass, a keyboard, and two guitars. I sat near the back of the room, leaning against a wall. I don’t really see the point of being up front so you can watch the musicians if you’re there to enjoy live music, it’s the music you’re there for and not the people right?

My eyes began to feel heavy as I stood and waited for the concert to begin, never having fully woken up and returned to my senses from my nap. Soon enough however, five girls entered the stage and one in front grabbed a guitar and turned to the microphone. She gave a brief introduction and after saying that here was their first song, her and the other girls began to play.

As much as I was expecting for me to enjoy the music and just brush the concert aside after the fact, as I heard their music I couldn’t help but become completely entranced by their performance. My mind forgot how tired I was at the moment as I stood and watched them perform. I kind of regret having decided to be in the back, because maybe it would be kind of interesting to get a closer look at these girls who had caught my interest so intently.

After they had played multiple songs, they stopped playing, thanking the crowd for coming to watch them. For once I had wished that this concert wouldn’t have ended so soon rather than my usual feeling of not caring if something ends and just going to do something else.

As the girls left the stage, the crowd after a moment began to leave the building and as I left, I saw that there was a cafe out front. Seeing as I’m still tired, I figured I’d see if they have any coffee to wake myself up some. I went to the register to see that the woman running it was the girl at the counter who I paid for my ticket from.

“Short staffed huh?” I said

“Yeah, I’ve been trying to hire more employees, but nobody has really asked for the job.” she replied

“I see, that sucks to hear.” I responded.

The lady looked at me for a moment and afterwards, she said “I remember you being one of the last people to buy a ticket for the concert. You seem more energetic than before.”