Chapter 1

Calum didn't want to go to summer camp, but here he was, getting his luggage out of his mom's car. He was so excited to spend his summer with his friends and be able to sleep past noon each day, but that was all ruined when his mom said he needed to be more social and make new friends. Calum didn't want to make new friends, he was perfectly fine with the two friends he already had.

Calum said goodbye to his parents, hugging them both. He picked up his things and waved as they drove off. He was now officially stuck here for the rest of his summer, which was a little over 3 months.

A counselor at the entrance handed him a few papers, the top one having his registration and cabin number on it. She asked for his phone, placing it in a bin with many others. They were allowed to pick them up on their last day. His cabin number was number 30 in the Green Wing, whatever that meant. Calum wondered how many cabins there were and how many kids were going to be spending their summer here. "We'll have dinner at 6 in the dining hall. Your cabin is down that way," she informed him, pointing over to the trail in the thick forest. Calum nodded and said thank you. He quickly looked at the map, observing where the dining hall, infirmary, and recreational building were. Calum noticed many different wings of cabins, at least 4, holding 10 cabins in each.

The dark brunette walked down the pathway carrying his backpack and his old suitcase. He was looking for a sign saying where the Green Wing was so he could find his cabin. He passed many other campers unpacking their things, getting to know the people in their cabin, and settling in. He looked on both sides, seeing 26 and 27 so his must be close.

Of course, number 30 was the last one on the right. It was also the closest to the scary woods. He opened the door, revealing a red-haired boy and a really tall blonde with a lip ring. They were unpacking some of their things, talking and laughing with each other.

"Oh hey," the red-haired one said, surprised by his presence, "You must be one of our cabin mates." He turned to the blonde, "Is cabinmates a word? Eh, I don't care, I'm using it. I'm Michael and this is Luke. You're not homophobic, right?"

Calum shot him a confused look, "No. I'm gay-"

"Great," Michael interrupted, "Luke and I are together.... I'm just making sure." Calum nodded, setting his things on an empty bunk in the front.

    "Do you know who else is with us?" Calum wondered.

    "Nope," Michael replied, as he and Luke were now snuggling on Luke's bed.

Michael ruffled his blonde boyfriend's hair. Luke blushed, hiding his face in his hands. Michael whispered something in Luke's ear, making him giggle.

    Calum rolled his eyes, "There are single people here too."

    "You mean person, as you're the only one," Michael replied, "Anyway, you're just jealous. Snuggle your pillow or something."

    "No thanks," Calum stuck his tongue out jokingly at Michael, who scoffed, pretending to be offended.

    He didn't even bother unpacking, instead, he shoved his bag and suitcase under the bed and on it. He was extremely tired from the 3 hour drive there and was trying so hard not to fall asleep. An awkward silence fell between the 3. Calum began drifting asleep as his eyelids grew heavier and heavier.

    A few minutes later, another boy opened the cabin door. "Hey guys, I'm Ashton," he greeted with a warm smile, fully stepping inside.

    Calum rolled over to see a curly-haired brunette standing at the front of the cabin. He wore a band tee with a matching red bandana. Calum could feel a blush creeping onto his cheeks. This boy was attractive. Calum couldn't take his eyes off of the beautiful boy.