Chapter 4

"I hate this," Michael complained, reading his schedule, "Sports aren't my thing."

"We'll get through this together," Luke said, walking over and giving Michael a hug of reassurance. Michael set his head on Luke's shoulder, tightly wrapping his arms around Luke's waist.

In the corner of the cabin, Calum was applying sunscreen to his shoulders so he didn't get sunburnt while humming 'I Miss You' by Blink182.

"Can I borrow that?" Ashton asked.

"Oh, yeah," Calum replied, handing the bottle to Ashton awkwardly. 

Their interactions since this morning have been nothing but awkward. Maybe Ashton had realized how head-over-heels Calum was or maybe he just thought Calum was a creep, or maybe he just didn't like Calum at all. 

Calum wasn't sure what happened, but he definitely hated the awkward tension between the two. 

"Are you guys ready?" Luke asked, picking up his water bottle.

"Yeah, let's go," Calum replied.

Earlier that day, the counselors informed them that they were to meet in front of the mess hall, which was across the camp from where the cabins were located. They were to report there by 10, and it was currently 9:35. They followed the signs carefully, hoping they would get there before their call time.

They arrived at the mess hall by 9:55, getting lost 3 different times before finally finding the right building. Ashton, Calum, Michael, and Luke spotted Louis and Harry and walked over to where they were standing.

"Where are Liam, Niall, and Zayn?" Michael asked, looking around the large group of people.

"Over there," Louis pointed to a smaller crowd.

"What are they doing?" Luke asked, confused.

"They made a bet on who could impress those girls the most," Harry scoffed, rolling his eyes.

"I shouldn't be surprised," Calum answered, chuckling.

They watched from a distance as Niall made a fool of himself. He tripped and fell over a tree root, landing on his face.

"You good bud?" they could hear Liam ask. Ashton and Michael snickered. 

A few minutes later, Geoff, Otto, and Awsten showed up before the counselors started explaining how the day was going to go.

"Alright campers, we are splitting you all up into 6 groups, 20 people per group for today. Don't worry, the groups will change each day. We'll be going around rotating between 6 different activities today," the main counselor announced, "Your group number for today day is on the back page of your registration packet."

The campers began pulling out their schedules to see what group they were assigned for the day. Niall, Liam, and Zayn all came back to the group, arguing about who one the bet.

"I'm in group 1," Michael announced.

"Me too," Geoff said.

"Mikey, I'm in group 4," Luke stated, clearly sad.

"Awww penguin. We'll be ok. We're only apart for a few hours until lunch. Then I can see your beautiful face again."

"You're so sappy," Luke giggled, playfully punching Michael's arm.

"Only for you, (or you could say he's stupid for Luke: like the Waterparks' song)."

"I'm in group 2," Niall said.

"Me too," Zayn replied.

"Me three," Ashton added.

They all shared their group numbers revealing that Geoff and Michael were together in group 1. Group 2 consisted of Niall, Zayn, and Ashton, while Liam and Calum were in group 3 together. Otto was in group 4 with Luke. Awsten and Louis were in group 5 and poor Harry was alone in group 6.