Chapter 15

Luke was lying in bed after lunch. The campers had about an hour of free time, and Luke was planning on taking a nap. His headache was one of the worst he's had in a few months. His vision kept going in and out of focus (I tHinK i MisSeD tHe GuN aT ThE StarTinG LinE) and the super bright lights around the cabin were making it worse. Calum and Ashton went around closing all of the blinds in the cabin to make it darker for Luke. Michael went and grabbed more medicine from the bathroom for him.

Luke rolled onto his side, facing the wall. He curled up into a ball and closed his eyes, hoping to just fall asleep.

Michael gently tapped him on the back, "You should take these first."

Luke sighed, sitting up and taking the pills. He swallowed them before lying down again.

"Want me to snuggle with you?" Michael asked.

"Yeah, if you want to," Luke mumbled, moving over to allow Michael to get in. Michael slipped an arm around Luke's back as he played with Luke's hair. The younger blonde drifted off to sleep as his boyfriend held him.

Across the cabin, Ashton and Calum began making friendship bracelets quietly on Calum's bed. Calum was knotting together one made of shades of reds and pinks as Ashton was making one that was blue and yellow. They sat in comfortable silence, trying to remain as quiet as possible for Luke.

Once they were done, they exchanged bracelets, helping each other tie it onto the other's wrist. Ashton admired Calum's beautiful bracelet. "It's a beautiful babe," Ashton whispered, leaning over to hug his boyfriend.

"Thanks. Yours is good too, but mine is obviously better," Calum replied, teasing Ashton.

"I tried," Ashton replied, giving Calum a short peck on the cheek.

"I'm joking," Calum replied, "Yours is beautiful." He turned his arm to admire it as Ashton sat next to him.

Once free time was over, Ashton, Calum, Luke, and Michael met up with their other friends for the afternoon's activity, which happened to be a bunch of relay races.

Each team needed to consist of 4 players. Niall offered to join Awsten, Geoff, and Otto, who welcomed him into their team easily.

In the first race, players had to get across the line using hula hoops. The first player would grab one hoop and place it down. Then they would step on the inside while the player behind them would grab a hoop and hand it to the person in front.

Cabin 14 won the race. The four girls jumped up and down in excitement before the counselor announced the next race.

Michael wasn't paying much attention to the races, but rather the people around him. He was looking for any suspicious behavior or anything that stuck out. He felt a hand grab his arm gently.

"Mikey, what's wrong?" his boyfriend asked, looking him in the eyes with a look of concern.

"Nothing babe. Is your head ok?"

"It's not great, but it's better than before," Luke said, gripping Michael's hand.

"Do you want to stop babe? We don't have to do this," he asked.

"No, I'm ok. I promise," Luke replied.

"That doesn't sound too convincing," Michael replied hesitantly.

"I'm really ok," Luke assured him, squeezing his hand tightly.

The races continued for a few more hours. Calum, Luke, Michael, and Ashton almost won the third round but lost by only a second. They ended up getting second in that round and fourth overall in the relays.