Chapter 12

Harry and Louis followed Michael down the path towards the abandoned cabin. It was currently 8 at night, and everyone was supposed to be swimming. They begged Luke, Zayn, and Liam to cover for them, in case anyone questioned where they were. Hopefully, it wouldn't get to that point.

Michael looked around the area, making sure that no one else was watching them, before stepping over the police tape blocking the front stairs.

Louis and Harry quietly followed. Harry almost tripped over the police tape as he was trying to step over it. Louis tried not to laugh at him, quickly covering his mouth and continuing past him. Michael opened the door and walked in. He turned on the flashlight, quickly scanning around the cabin. 

"This is kind of creepy," Harry whispered, looking around. 

The beds were completely untouched with nothing on them. There was nothing on the floors or on the walls. It was completely empty. 

They each looked under one cot. Harry searched under his for any items that were possibly left. He could see a half ripped-up paper below the bed. He reached forward for it, quickly grabbing it and sitting up. A few moments later, a tiny raccoon came running from under the bed startling it. 

"Holy shit!" Louis cussed, scrambling to get up from the floor. 

"Ahhh!" Harry yelled, quickly standing on the cot, "How did I not see that?"

Michael, who was completely unfazed, opened the door for the raccoon to run outside. Once it was out, Michael closed the door and sighed.

"Well... that just happened," Michael answered, "What did you find, Harry?"

"Just this half-ripped sheet of paper," Harry casually replied.

"What does it say?" Louis asked, walking over to him to get a better look at the paper.

"I can't really tell," Harry answered, "I'll just keep it in case it becomes important for whatever reason."

"Good idea," Michael said, "I'll check the bathroom I guess."

He quietly opened the door, scanning around before walking in. He found an orange pill bottle sitting on the counter with the lid off. 

"They left a pill bottle in here," Michael announced, crouching down to read what was on it.

The prescription name was scribbled out but the drug was fluoxetine.

"Maybe one of the campers in this cabin had a prescription for it," Harry replied.

"Why would the name be scratched out? That's so odd," Michael questioned.

"Maybe they didn't want anyone to know that they took it," Louis shrugged, "But yeah, that is odd."

Harry thought for a moment while observing the rest of the bathroom.

"Or... the murderer framed it like this. They want the police to think it was a suicide," Harry said.

"Omg! That would make sense," Michael said, "I want to pick this up, but we need to leave it.... I could take a picture of it." He grabbed his phone from his back pocket and quickly took a photo of the label. 

They snuck back out of the cabin, carefully making sure that everything was left where it was found. The three boys began walking back together. Louis pulled Harry away from Michael for a moment. "We'll catch up to you," he said to Michael, who gave him a thumbs up.

"Hey, I just wanted to apologize. I realized this morning that I have been severely overreacting. I'm so sorry Harry," Louis apologized, looking Harry in the eyes.