Chapter 13

The next morning breakfast became a tea-spilling party (get it: like a tea party, but they're spilling tea. It's dumb, I know).

Michael, Louis, and Harry took turns sharing what they found. "And I found this pill bottle in the bathroom. I took a picture of the label, so I have it. The prescription recipient's name was scribbled out though."

"What drug?" Liam asked.

"Fluoxetine," Louis replied.

"Makes sense," Geoff said.

"What?" Harry questioned, looking over at Geoff who was eating his burnt toast. 

"Oh, yeah.... We talked to Jawn. He told us the first victim overdosed on fluoxetine."

"What else did he say?" Otto asked.

"He pointed out that no one has seen any police officers or medical responders since the first victim. We think the owner's covering up or hiding something," Awsten added. 

"But what?" Otto wondered.

"The fact that there is a literal murderer at their camp," Ashton sassily said. 

"But shouldn't they want to solve this?" Zayn assumed, looking around at the rest of his table.

"You'd think," Harry said, rolling his eyes. Louis looked over at him but immediately looked down when Harry made eye contact with him. 

"Anything else from either group that the rest of us should know?" Niall questioned, watching Harry death glare Louis from across the table. 

"I found this random paper in the cabin under one of the beds. I can't read it, but I kept it in case it became important," Harry added, pulling the slip of paper from out of his pocket. 

"We're missing something," Louis realized.

"Well obviously," Niall replied. Beside him, Harry chuckled, earning a glare from Louis. Niall whispered something to Harry, making him giggle. 

"No.... like... the owner wouldn't get anything out of hiding all of this unless he's protecting someone, being threatened, or being bribed."

"There's probably more possible reasons, but yeah, you're right," Liam answered.

"Stop being such a smartass." Louis rolled his eyes jokingly.

"What if it is all three?" Niall asked.

"I doubt it," Zayn answered.

The 12 boys sat in awkward silence once again.

"So...... what do we do now?" Luke questioned, awkwardly looking around for someone to answer.

"We need to figure out who the first victim is from cabin 18 so that I can hack into their medical records," Michael announced.

"What happened to your phone almost being dead?" Awsten brought up.

"Oh yeah.... Shit."

"I was actually looking for my hairbrush in my suitcase this morning, and I realized I had a phone charger tucked away in one of the compartments," Calum said, "I'll give it to you later." 

"Oh my God. Thank you so much!" Michael exclaimed, graciously. He leaned over and wrapped his arms around Calum and squeezed tightly while he awkwardly chuckled.

"Our plan has resumed!" Niall cheered. 

After breakfast, they all retreated back to their separate cabins. Ashton and Calum were lying on the floor, looking through the roster together.