Chapter 14

Trigger Warning: Vomit

Awsten couldn't sleep again. His body was tired, yet his mind was so awake, constantly thinking. He finally accepted the fact that he liked Geoff back, but he was still so hesitant to do anything about it. He wasn't fully sure that he was ready for another relationship. 

From a distance outside, he could hear footsteps inching closer. His breath hitched, but he tried to ignore it. He continued to tell himself in his head that it was just someone walking by. He heard the footsteps getting closer. The person began to walk up the stairs to their cabin. He was now truly panicking. 

He wasn't sure what to do. He froze in his place, hoping the person would go away. The person outside knocked on the door 3 times without saying anything. 

"Shit," Awsten muttered quietly, slipping out of his bed. He frantically woke up Geoff, who was still sleeping peacefully. He tapped his shoulder, trying to be as quiet as possible. 

"You ok Awsten?" Geoff asked, sitting up.

"Someone just knocked on our door," Awsten whispered, pausing when the person knocked again.

They exchanged a glance of fear. "What the fuck?" Geoff questioned, standing up. They knocked again, causing Awsten to slightly jump. Geoff grabbed him by the waist protectively, attempting to calm him down. 

"Guys... it's me... Jawn," the voice outside whispered-yelled. 

Awsten visibly relaxed. "Oh my God," he said, slightly chuckling and walking over to open the door. Outside was the short red-haired boy, standing with his hands in his pockets.

"Sup," he greeted casually. 

"You almost gave me a fucking heart attack.... Why did you try to scare us like that?" he asked, motioning for Jawn to come inside.

"For fun," Jawn shrugged, "But yeah... I have news. It's about Olivia," he said, looking around before stepping into their cabin.

Geoff woke Otto up quickly by tapping him on the shoulder. The curly brown-haired boy complained, sitting up. 

"So... what about Olivia?" Geoff asked, sitting next to Awsten. He gently took Awsten's hand, looking over to see his reaction. Awsten looked down at their intertwined hands, smiling. 

"She's dead," Jawn replied.

While Awsten, Geoff, Otto, and Jawn were talking, a few cabins down, Ashton awoke in a panic. He could hear the door try to open by someone on the outside. It kept getting stuck because of the cot in front of it.

"Fuck!" he whispered, trying to wake up Calum who was sleeping peacefully next to him.

"Cal, you gotta get up." He shook the boy gently from his shoulders.

"Wha-" Calum whispered but was interrupted when he heard knocking on the door. The doorknob turned and the door opened, pushing the cot back towards the middle of the cabin.

From the outside lights, they could see the silhouettes of Louis, Harry, and Niall standing on their porch. 

"What the fuck! You scared us!" Calum whisper-yelled, waking his other cabinmates.

"What is going on?" Michael questioned, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"Why are Louis, Harry, and Niall here?" Luke asked beside Michael. He snuggled into the red-haired boy's side. Michael smiled, wrapping his arm around Luke's shoulder.

"We heard screaming," Louis said, "We wanted to make sure you guys were ok."

"Liam and Zayn went to check on Awsten, Geoff, and Otto," Niall added.