Chapter 2 - Investigation

Back at PD

As Jay arrived at 21st district he got buzzed in by Trudy and ran up to notify Voight.

"Halstead what have you got for me on those girls?" Voight asked as he could see there was something bugging him.

"Jay!" He said again.

"I need to do a background check on one of the girls called Alex. There's something familiar about her" Jay said keeping his focus on the computer as Voight shut it down.

"My office, Jay. Now!" Voight said walking into his office with Jay behind him closing the door behind him.

"What have you discovered about this case? I want every information you have on this case so far" Voight said

"You know how Will and I lost our sister 10 years ago?" Jay asked looking at Voight with worried eyes.

"Yeah I do. It was horrible. But what does she have to do with this case?" Voight said crossing his arms over his chest with a slight idea of where this is going.

"The reason we couldn't get a name on her is because her full name is Alex Halstead. She has her last name protected, so she could protect me and Will. She was found in the river and brought to MED 30 minutes ago. She came in with stabs in her lower abdomen, a broken shoulder and possibly miscarriage. I want to find out who those bastard are that did this to her and I want them killed" Jay said as he stormed out of the room heading back to MED.

"Jay you're officially off this case you hear me!" Voight yelled after Jay but he was long gone by now.

At the home of the girls

"So you wanna work here? Do you have experience with handling with these type of teenagers?" The head of the home asked Antonio.

Antonio nodded his head and answered the the owner of the place. As they went out of the office.

"Every girl has their own room with a staff member assigned to them." Antonio walked along side of him as he explained how the place works.

"How do these girls end up here?" Antonio asked looking around.

"Usually they end up here if they're in desperately need for money or other things that they can't get themselves. We also have a set of rules that they need to follow and if they don't they have to face the consequences"  The man said as Antonio got a worried look in his eyes. Somethings not right about this place.

Back at PD

Walking up to the bullpen Antonio glance into Voights office to see him arguing with Jay.

"What's going on in there?" He asks hinting towards Voight's office.

"One of the girl Alex that is part of the 5 girls who went missing last night is Jay's younger sister" Ruzek explained as Jay stormed out of the office.

"If I see you do any sort of police work on this case you're will be thinking wisely about your next move. Now go to MED and be with Will and Alex as a brother and not as a police detective" Voight said as Jay took his jacket went downstairs and out.

"Antonio what have you got for me?" Voight said leaning up against the board.

"It's clear that these girls didn't leave on their own will. They were punished, for disobeying their rules" Antonio said

At Med

Hailey was still talking to Ashley when Jay walked in to the E.D.

"Will is treating another patient right now, but you can wait in the break room and I'll let him k ow you're here" Maggie said about to walk away when Jay stopped her.

"Actually i need to talk with Alex. Is she back from surgery yet?" Jay asked

Maggie could see the worried look in his eyes.

"She's in the ICU. She's hypothermia and lost a lot of blood, but they managed to save her. She's going to be okay Jay. I'll take you up to her" Maggie said leading Jay up to Alex's room.